Internet access on Celebration?

Is there internet access/ wifi, I'm wondering if it will be worth me taking my laptop :D

Forward, port side is browsers corner which has a number of Pc's for you to go online. No idea of the prices though or whether you can use your own laptop.

I leave my laptop at home and lock my mobile in the safe, switched off!

• 2 weeks later...

I had to use the internet whilst on the celebration recently. It took 3 seperate attempts to get logged on and I found it a bit of a trial. As I only had to respond to an email thought I would pay by minutes used! The first attempt cost me £6.90 and I was unable to get through to my provider, 2nd attempt the next day cost £8.70. They refused to refund the money to my account and I couldn't be bothered to pursue it with the very rude receptionist I was dealing with. 3rd and successful attempt cost £1.80 all just to read 1 email! But it was urgent.

I overheard a number of people having problems with logging on, several said they had to open 'an at sea email address' not sure what that was all about though.

I wish you luck!

Is there internet access/ wifi, I'm wondering if it will be worth me taking my laptop :D

Yes. The costs

30p per minute

£13.00 for 60 mins

£16,00 for 100 mins

You can also connect your laptop, by entering a given IP in the address bar and get billed at the same rate.

Its my one complaint with Thomson that this service is not cheaper or provided in the cabins. I run a business, and although on holiday, I have to keep in touch with the real world.

Nowdays I carry a small 9 inch netbook for taking away with me, and this gives me the advantage that I can usually get free internet connection one way or the other in the local ports of call.

Hope this helps

Hello regarding internet acess on the celebration ,i wouldent bother with it even if you do get connected it takes an eternity for a page to load up and it sounds not bad at 30p a min but when i tried it it took that long that a webpage was taking serveral mins to load and it dident always load first time so several pounds later still no email login page.as for your laptop i doubt very much if you could use it as you would have to log onto a network possibly the ships, and you would be no better off.depends what countries you are visiting but if in europe the best way to keep in touch is to call from a phonebox when you get into port,or send a text message from the ship in port,it would also cost a aroun 60 p a min to use your mobile.

Archived