Miami...InterContinental vs Epic hotel

letsgocruz1

Hi, right now we have the IC booked (stayed here before and really liked it), or for $3 we could stay at the new Epic hotel. Have any of you stayed there yet?

It looks EXTREMELY nice and is rated #1 on Trip advisor for downtown hotels. It's a little further away from Bayside than the IC and we will have our 2 kids with us (ages 8 and 12). But, their pool looks awesome and the kids would enjoy it.

Or would we be happier out in Coral Gables/Coco. Grove? Is a taxi to the port the next morning expensive if you stay there? And what are the nicer hotels?

Someone help me decide. :) Thanks!

Hi, right now we have the IC booked (stayed here before and really liked it), or for $3 we could stay at the new Epic hotel. Have any of you stayed there yet?

It looks EXTREMELY nice and is rated #1 on Trip advisor for downtown hotels. It's a little further away from Bayside than the IC and we will have our 2 kids with us (ages 8 and 12). But, their pool looks awesome and the kids would enjoy it.

Or would we be happier out in Coral Gables/Coco. Grove? Is a taxi to the port the next morning expensive if you stay there? And what are the nicer hotels?

Someone help me decide. :) Thanks!

We are staying at the Epic on 4/4/09 before our NCL Pearl cruise. We have two kids (ages 13 and 15.) I will let you know our thoughts when we return.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked the Epic thru easy click travel.....based on recommendations on this board I'll be calling in about a week to confirm it with the hotel directly....tripadvisor.com has nothing but good things to say about this hotel....I'm hoping suztocruz will come back to comment on their experiences at this hotel this month. I got it for $132 per night in October which from my perspective was a good price.....

Archived