OK..First cruise in 7 DAYS!! Getting Nervous!

jbroons

What do I eat to calm my stomach? On a cruise, usually some type of bread or roll...fortunately, it doesn't happen very often. I like pretty much any other type of cracker...Ritz, Triscuit, Wheat Thins....just no saltines! LOL!

We are going to Couples Negril in Jamaica. We are excited to see how we like an A.I. Resort compared to cruising.

Back to the OP....someone mentioned writing down your credit card emergency numbers. Also a good idea to call your credit card company and let them know you will be traveling outside of the country. That way, if you try to use your credit card in a foreign port, it won't get rejected.

Also, the packing lists are great, but don't overpack! I overpacked BIG-TIME on my first cruise, didn't use half of it.[/quote]

You guys all keep saying this.....I keep telling my two daughters 15 & 17 the same thing now and they just roll their eyes:rolleyes:

Seems like you have everything under control. One good thing you did was to pay the cruise in full. That wouldn't be good if you didn't.

I thought maybe you were nervous that the food or the service was going to be bad in the dinning room, or that you'd have the stewart from hell.:cool:

Bill

I think that my humor is coming back to haunt me;)

But another thing I've learned on CC is to not worry about things I cannot control....and to just relax!! Thanks, Bill.

We are going to Couples Negril in Jamaica. We are excited to see how we like an A.I. Resort compared to cruising.

When you get back would you mind e-mailing me to let me know how you liked it? I too have only done cruises & we have another couple wanting us to go to The Whitehouse Sandals in Jamaica next year. If you get a chance go check it out, can't you take a shuttle to the different Sandals resorts? My e-mail is beachfloyd@aol.com Thanks that way we won't have to hijack the thread.

Sunrise over Roatan last week.. this is why you're going.. nothing else really matters. :)

http://image74.webshots.com/74/7/33/37/2387733370104984637NlQqSZ_fs.jpg

I couldn't open...it said this:

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

Okay, more paranoia. Give Carnival's emergency contact information to family members just in case? Along with a copy of the itinerary so that they can all be insanely jealous every day you're gone.

If you have a digital camera: a way to charge it, and maybe an extra memory card.

If you're flying to/from your port city, a way to contact the airline the night before you fly HOME so that you can confirm your flight information (phone number or internet site). Last year, our shuttle dropped a family at the airport for a return flight Saturday afternoon. We showed up for our scheduled flight Sunday morning, and there they were. Their airline had changed the flight and they had no way of knowing until they arrived at the airport two hours LATE for their flight. They ended up having to book a hotel for that night, and I think rent a car to get to the hotel. Not fun.

That's funny. What do you eat instead to calm your stomach? We're thinking of doing our first AI next year. Which one are you doing?

I'm also sorry for getting off topic, somtimes it's hard not to when we see someone that may have info. we'd like to know about!!!LOL

Go to your local grocery store and get a few packets of ginger tea. I started taking ginger for a stomach ailment and it worked wonders. This past cruise there was a couple of days where I was "off" due to the motion of the ship (first time that ever happened) and a cup of ginger tea fixed me right up. Just went down, ordered a hot cup of water and plopped my tea bag in it. Works wonders.

Okay, more paranoia. Give Carnival's emergency contact information to family members just in case? Along with a copy of the itinerary so that they can all be insanely jealous every day you're gone.

If you have a digital camera: a way to charge it, and maybe an extra memory card.

If you're flying to/from your port city, a way to contact the airline the night before you fly HOME so that you can confirm your flight information (phone number or internet site). Last year, our shuttle dropped a family at the airport for a return flight Saturday afternoon. We showed up for our scheduled flight Sunday morning, and there they were. Their airline had changed the flight and they had no way of knowing until they arrived at the airport two hours LATE for their flight. They ended up having to book a hotel for that night, and I think rent a car to get to the hotel. Not fun.

Not paranoia....just good sense!! Thank you!

Go to your local grocery store and get a few packets of ginger tea. I started taking ginger for a stomach ailment and it worked wonders. This past cruise there was a couple of days where I was "off" due to the motion of the ship (first time that ever happened) and a cup of ginger tea fixed me right up. Just went down, ordered a hot cup of water and plopped my tea bag in it. Works wonders.

I was going to get the ginger root capsules...is tea better iyo? I plan on drinking on the cruise but it wasn't going to be tea!!;)

Thanks!

I was going to get the ginger root capsules...is tea better iyo? I plan on drinking on the cruise but it wasn't going to be tea!!;)

Thanks!

If it were me I'd try both. You may not be in the mood to drink the tea & the pill would be easier. I may have to look for those myself.

If you are using a credit card at all you may want to call them to let them know you will be gone for a few days. Sometimes they will put a hold on it if you try to use it outside of your normal region.

Delores

I just called my card company and they said it was a very good idea that I contacted them about the cruise, FYI. Thanks!!

Don't freak out when the pre-cruise nightmares begin. I remember before our first cruise, I had a dream that some family member came to pick us up and take us to the terminal in a pick-up truck, and it was raining. I'm like, "Where is all this luggage going to go?" Thank goodness I woke up!:)

I am starting to get nervous now...I don't know why! Here's what I have done in preparation for the big day....However, please tell me what I still need to do!!!

Held mail with USPS

Have passports

All excursions are booked

Cruise paid in full

Bought battery operated travel clock

Programmed cell phone for international zones (although I don't plan on using it)

I know that I'm forgetting things...Help!!;)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, and frankly there are too many posts to look through to find out.

If you are taking a debit/credit card with you, make sure you let the bank know.

My sister recently went to Cozumel and forgot to notify the bank... their card was declined for a transaction.

They got things squared away, but you can void the hassles just by making a call beforehand.

Don't freak out when the pre-cruise nightmares begin. I remember before our first cruise, I had a dream that some family member came to pick us up and take us to the terminal in a pick-up truck, and it was raining. I'm like, "Where is all this luggage going to go?" Thank goodness I woke up!:)

I agree! I always have weird cruise dreams before we leave.

It's a good think I'm not superstitious, though. Before our first cruise, I was driving to work one morning and the song playing on the radio was "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", which is a song about a boat sinking in one of the Great Lakes (for you young-uns that may not have heard of the song). Got back in the car to go to lunch that same day and the song was "Theme from Titanic". :eek: I have to tell you......I truly was a bit freaked out.

Yes to all but extension cord.....is this instead of a power strip?? Thanks!

We always take both. DH has a c-pap machine, so it is a must for him. Also, in case the TV is to far for the DVD player to reach, it is handy. Takes up so little room (shove it in a shoe) that it is well worth it.

Archived