perks

deeolasingh

Hello Im cruising for the 2nd time on carnival some said something about some captains dinner for past guest is this so??? just curious as I have not cruise the same line twice (this will only be my 4th cruise)

There is a "Past Guest Party". An hour or so of free drinks - similar to the Captain's Party - and some snacks. That.....and the access to past guest rates to reserve your next cruise are the only things I know of.

I think you are thinking of a Past Guest Party for cruises 5 days and more. Free drinks, a pin and a little recognition with a video and ship staff.

Oh yeah...I forgot about the pin :o. It looks like the Carnival funnel and has the ship name on it. Interesting keepsake...I wish I could find all of ours ;).

Thanks.. how do I find out when and where is this past guest party?

On Ecstasy last January, they had both parties, the welcome back to past guests and the captains party at 7:15. I had dinner at 6 pm with ladies who were always late and a waiter who waited for them to be seated before he would take our orders. We missed both parties :(

Dont get too excited about these parties, as things can happen like the above and you have to choose between having half your dinner or going to the party. I wanted my dinner.

Sadly at the Captains reception now they have removed the free hordurves. We usualy come for a cocktail or two before dinner.:eek::eek: A good way to get a glass of wine to take to dinner( I know cheapo move).

With the way things are today, I see nothing cheapo about it! Our bar bill on every cruise is in the hundreds. They owe us a few free drinks!:)

On Ecstasy last January, they had both parties, the welcome back to past guests and the captains party at 7:15. I had dinner at 6 pm with ladies who were always late and a waiter who waited for them to be seated before he would take our orders. We missed both parties :(

Dont get too excited about these parties, as things can happen like the above and you have to choose between having half your dinner or going to the party. I wanted my dinner.

I guess these events are great. To me they are a big yawnfest.

Went to my past guest party last cruise (my 10th on CCL). When they went to show the video so everybody could cheer when they show a ship they've cruised on the video didn't work so the CD just named each ship one by one.

There are many other things to partake in that are a better use of my time but if you like that kind of stuff go for it and have a great time.:)

Bill

Archived