How did you find your travel agent?

I want a travel agent who is experienced with group bookings, willing to work to get us discounts, and who has helped with booking for weddings before.

How do I find a good travel agent? I didn't want to go to AAA or the mall travel agency and hope I found someone who could help... I wanted to find someone I KNOW will help, know what I mean?

I tried googling, but, really, how do you know anything about the people that come up.

I am in Connecticut, in the Danbury area, if that matters. Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

I use Carnival's Personal Vacation Planner, I booked with a travel agent before and dealing with Carnival directly, I feel is the best thing you could do. They offer alot of discounts for different things and they send you e-mail alerts when new specials and one day sales. I tried using their group department before and I do not feel they really offer any really big discounts for large groups.

I definitely suggest using a TA!! Our TA got us group space for our cruise (we ended up with 50 sailing guests). We were able to work with the agent to decide on special "perks" for our group (as well as free cruises with so many booked). Not to mention have rates as good or better as than offered elsewhere for the exact same cabin category. Also, our agent was able to answer all of our guest's questions and handle all payments, etc. taking a lot off of our plate. I would never have done it any other way!!!

I would check with other local brides or check with the cruiseline for recommendations of a few agents in your area (ex. we found ours through the agent finder section of Princess) and then talk to them to see what they can offer you and what their experience with cruise weddings is.

I want a travel agent who is experienced with group bookings, willing to work to get us discounts, and who has helped with booking for weddings before.

How do I find a good travel agent? I didn't want to go to AAA or the mall travel agency and hope I found someone who could help... I wanted to find someone I KNOW will help, know what I mean?

I tried googling, but, really, how do you know anything about the people that come up.

I am in Connecticut, in the Danbury area, if that matters. Any recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

I'm in the Danbury area as well and used Tinker at Cruise Holiday in New Milford. She is great and really knows what she is talking about. She takes care of you and really makes sure you get the best deal.

When are you getting married?

Hi There!

I'm using Brook at Cruisingweddings.com. She specializes in cruise weddings and she's been fabulous. She's my go-to whenever I have a question or concern. She's been handling all of the bookings, freeing me of the hassles. She's getting us some great discounts & bonuses, but we are traveling as a group, so that comes with it's own perks.

What's the most invaluable to me is the free website she sets up for you. You can just look on there to see who will be cruising, etc. Really takes the guess work out of all the booking drama. I found her on here, and she came highly recommended.

Hope this helps!:D

Thanks!

My TA, Julie is awesome! My co-worker referred me to her when I was looking to book a trip to Jamaica. When I returned from Jamaica, I told my TA we were considering getting married in Jamaica. Once I decided on the Carnival Cruise wedding, she told me she could do it for me.

She is the best! 100% of my communication with her is via email, but she is available by phone. Her TA is in GA and I'm in DE, but that has never been an issue. She is great with responding to emails.

If anyone wants her info, email me. alysiab@hotmail.com

Archived