CPH arrival for Emerald Princess

edpeeks

As I am sitting here this weekend, endlessly researching and planning, I was thinking about our 9:25AM arrival at CPH. I am figuring by the time we get through with the airport it will be close to 11AM.

My question is...should I go to the ship, drop off the bags and then go to tour the town? OR Stow our luggage at the airport, do the sights, go back to airport, get our luggage and then over to the ship (presumably after most have checked in)? Since we are not leaving til 8PM.

Looking at the map the sights are between the AP and the docks. Up until I was entertaining this thought we were going directly to the ship, do our thing, drop off our luggage and taxi to town.

Does this merit any consideration or is it a slam-dunk and I am having a 60 year-old moment?

We will be sadly leaving as you all will excitedly be checking in. No only what you said but we will then just have to handle our luggage once.

I guess I had this thought process since our friends who are going with us are arriving 2 hours earlier at CPH.

Thanks for your comment.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, my ??...I've heard stories about lost/delayed luggage at CPH.:(:( We have a very tight layover in Paris...so expecting bags not to make it. We arrive a day before cruise ship departs.....if we have to file a lost luggage claim....should I have them take the luggage straight to the ship, or try and catch up with us at our hotel...downtown? Any suggestions? Thanks much! BTW....we're on the Emerald Princess, departing 6/15......can't wait!!!:):)

Good question...also doing a TON of research on this...I think I would ride the train into town....with luggage. Two options....stow luggage at station...then sightsee....then get transpo to ship. I just hate to have to get off the ship once I get on it.....just so much to do those first few hours....find your cabin, unpack, EAT.....stroll around....EAT, then try to find your cabin again.....finish unpacking. Would just hate to check-in, then get right off....sightsee, then back on.....seems like a hassle to me.

Option 2....isn't there a cruisers welcome lounge in town....where you could also stow luggage while sightseeing? Then return, go to ship. Which pier are you guys at?

Anyway....for us....once we get on the ship, we're staying on it. Have a great cruise!

Archived