Where is a great boulangerie for croissants in Quebec City?

Browsing through previous posts, I noticed someone mentioned that you can find croissants in Quebec City as good as those in the boulangeries in France.

Since pain au chocolat is always first on our agenda in French ports, I'd be grateful if anyone from Quebec could recommend an excellent place for fresh croissants.

We call that chocolatine in Quebec. In fact I serve them some days at the B&B. Funny part is that I don't like chocolate, so if there are leftovers I open them up and get rid of the ribbon of chocolate. All the bakeries will have them. They are as common as bread in Quebec. Probably the only place you won't find them is Tim's... although they do have croissant.

There are a number of bakeries. The largest chain in Quebec is probably Premiere Moisson. Near the ship there is Paillard, Au Palet d'Or, Boulangerie Paul to name a few. You can ask for a Boulangerie or a Pattiserie, with the pattiserie of course also having cakes and other items. They should all have baked goods fresh daily.

Ephraim - Thanks for the 'heads up' re asking for 'chocolatine' in QC - glad to hear they're available and good - looking forward to them.

In another post I asked if anyone had been to Grosse-Île - am I correct in assuming that you likely read that enquiry, but you haven't been there?

Ephraim - Thanks for the 'heads up' re asking for 'chocolatine' in QC - glad to hear they're available and good - looking forward to them.

In another post I asked if anyone had been to Grosse-Île - am I correct in assuming that you likely read that enquiry, but you haven't been there?

I read the enquiry, but I have never been there.

I have travelled up to the Laurentians. I have travelled all the way to Forestville, taken the ferry across to the south shore and driven from Rimouski to New Brunswick. I have driven the south short up to Rimouski. I have gone through the Eastern Townships (Estrie) and to Gatineau and Ottawa. Been to Quebec City a few times and froze my 4$$ off last time at Carnival. But never been to Grosse-Ile. Sorry.

Now, my favourite junction in quebec. Ste-Flavie at http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sainte-Flavie&sll=48.608965,-68.230591&sspn=0.03842,0.06669&ie=UTF8&z=12&iwloc=addr

When you get to the junction the signs say 132 Est (east) in both directions... because the highway is circular. Either way.... if you continue, you end up in Fort Covington, NY (Dundee, QC)

Archived