Anyone have Destiny Capers?

This might be dumb since I'm new to cruising and going on the Destiny on 4/20 for our honeymoon... but anyways what are capers?!

they're pretty much like a daily newsletter for the ship. they cover what planned activities are scheduled, times for music, specials in the shops, times restaurants are open, etc. pretty much anything and everything going on around the ship for the day.

I do! I can't post them on in a thread though but I have them here at worked scanned so if you give me your email address I'll email them right away

It would be great if someone could upload them to:

http://capers.stateroom.info/main.php

Looks like you can just register and add them to the site for everyone to have access to.

I tried to see them on the website, but it showed they weren't uploaded

Hey were there swim-up bars onboard the Destiny? I have heard there were, but I haven't seen any pictures with them

Thanks

I tried to see them on the website, but it showed they weren't uploaded

Hey were there swim-up bars onboard the Destiny? I have heard there were, but I haven't seen any pictures with them

Thanks

Sorry, no swim-up bars.

Ok I emailed them to the 2 people that gave me their email address and I created and account at the capers website and I "think" I uploaded them!!!! check em out!

Thank you very much for all your trouble in emailing them to me-my daughter is pouring over them right now. Reallly appreciate it. Thanks again.

Next batch of caper emails is now sent out.........I'll try to upload them to that other site too. Seems like the only way to get they to people is by email. anyone have any hints on how to upload them right to a thread?

I got the email.

Thanks doll.

:)

• 1 month later...
Next batch of caper emails is now sent out.........I'll try to upload them to that other site too. Seems like the only way to get they to people is by email. anyone have any hints on how to upload them right to a thread?

i just noticed this...

it's pretty easy to upload capers directly to a thread - just like posting larger pictures than those useless thumbnail and not so big 'full view' functions with cc...

save the scans as a jpeg - adobe pro (not reader) or other programs will let you save the raw data (often a .tiff) as a jpeg, or other web-displayable formats like gif - i save as jpeg personally...

upload pics to a host - somewhere - popular options include photobucket (which i use), webshots, photohut, and a bunch of others - anything that will let you upload data to a web-accessible address will suffice.

then just use the 'insert image' button (yellow square with a little icon of mountains and a sun above), which is right of insert email link, left of wrap quote, and below undo... insert the url of the image, and it'll insert into the post.

you can check out my review as an example...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=857024

note: make sure you re-size the pics to a size which is viewable within the normal viewable area of the site, or viewers will have to scroll over (to the right) to see the rest of the image.

as a point of reference, my standard size pics seem to be 512x800 and the wider ones (with the today-at-a-glance flap) are 749x800. i chose to restrict the height, and at 749, even people with 800x600 resolution will be able to read conveniently. and they're legible / not blurry / etc.

example:

05-10-01-08-A.jpg

05-10-01-08-C.jpg

i think this is the best way to post capers, especially in regards to posting on cc. hope that helps if you're still interested (it's been a while). :cool:

Archived