For Those Who Followed the "Informal" Dress Code.

Ships R Great

We recently returned from the March 29 sailing of the Solstice. The majority of the women, including me, seemed to dress the same way they always did on Celebrity sailings. The main change is in the men's dress. Few were wearing jackets, most men were wearing dress pants, dress shoes and nice shirts, either polo or shirts with buttons. The ambience was as classy as always. The few people in jeans or VERY casual dress in the evening stood out as being out of place.

Thanks for the recent feedback and welcome home! :)

:p Just back from Infinity, Panama Canal, and just wanted to let you know, people dressed as they preferred on those informal nights, more on the dressier side, or whatever you felt like or brought with you, and if you sat at the table with as wonderful people as we did, it didn't matter if you had a suit on or just a sportshirt for men, or just a nice top , skirt or capri's for women, no-one judged, just happy to be on board and enjoying the whole scene!!! (I loved it ) ps I did see a few questionable men's wardrobe choices and wondered, but again I don't think they were looked upon, just questioned how one goes to "dinner" dressed like that

Due to luggage weight restrictions and our personal preference to "schlep" less baggage, I personally have found that a couple pairs of high quality black and one winter white pair slacks and an assortment of dressy tops and fancy black sandals can suffice for any number of smart casual evenings! I DO spend a lot of time organizing the appropriate accessories like earrings, necklaces, scarves, pashimas etc., and I daresay that darn few observers or table mates would ever realize that I am "recycling" a couple pairs of really nice stretchy pants almost every night on our last 21 day cruise! DH will bring his tux and I at least one formal gown, however, as Celebrity is one of the few remaining lines with higher quality dress standards! :)

I tend to dress a little nicer at night, even on casual nights. I feel that I should look nice in an elegant dining room. Our upcoming cruise will be our first with the "smart casual" category, but it is pretty much how I used to dress on most casual nights.

Archived