Soda???

bam23

I have a question...first time cruising (well, on a big ship anyways) will be in the near future in the Ecstasy....I see people talking about a soda card...how much do they charge for this soda card? I thought soda was included???? My wife and I took a cruise on a really small ship out of Florida for our honeymoon several years back and the soda was free on that ship....I never would have guessed that they would charge for soda.

I have a question...first time cruising (well, on a big ship anyways) will be in the near future in the Ecstasy....I see people talking about a soda card...how much do they charge for this soda card? I thought soda was included???? My wife and I took a cruise on a really small ship out of Florida for our honeymoon several years back and the soda was free on that ship....I never would have guessed that they would charge for soda.

Yes....Sorry....Any cruise ship that I have been on in the last 10 years charges for soda. You can get free lemonade, Iced Tea, Fruit Punch , sometimes, and depends on the ship. If you buy the soda card, certain lines punch holes to limit your drinks, and others do not....it's unlimited soda. Also, it is from a fountain on the card, or poured from a can. You do not get the can. I always get the soda card and bring some of my own for the cabin. I don't recall the price, maybe like $25? Others here will know better. Have a great time! Happy Cruising!

Yes....Sorry....Any cruise ship that I have been on in the last 10 years charges for soda. You can get free lemonade, Iced Tea, Fruit Punch , sometimes, and depends on the ship. If you buy the soda card, certain lines punch holes to limit your drinks, and others do not....it's unlimited soda. Also, it is from a fountain on the card, or poured from a can. You do not get the can. I always get the soda card and bring some of my own for the cabin. I don't recall the price, maybe like $25? Others here will know better. Have a great time! Happy Cruising!

Disney cruises provide free sodas in dining rooms, and at a beverage station on one Deck. But of couse you are going to pay through the nose for that cruise.;)

Thanks for the answer...this would be on Carnival...the Ecstasy 4-night departing on a Thursday and returning on Monday morning. Just trying to get an idea about whether I should try to bring my own and mess with the hassle of that, or just get the soda card. I intend to smuggle whiskey on board, so I'll need quite a bit of coke for a mixer.

FYI - For those that also may be wanting to know this information, the soda card for the Ecstasy 4 night cruise is ~ $25.

Anyone happen to know the cost for a soda card on Sensation's 3 night cruises? Not sure if this is worth all the "hub bub" I am hearing about. I may just choose to drink lemonade when I'm not drowning out my "real life as a mom to 5 kids" sorrows with a real "grown up" drink. Yes... 5 kids.

Archived