Swim with Dolphins if Ohio Rios

nicsdad

The only place I found was Dolphin Cover (http://www.dolphincovejamaica.com/) but when I contacted them they told me that I had to book through the ship - they did not do individual reservations for cruise ship passengers. I have read elsewhere that the cruise lines reserve for the whole day. Sounds a little fishy to me (no pun intended) but we went ahead and booked through the ship.

Let us know if you have better success

We did the Dolphin Cove & Dunns Tour on EOS last year and it worked out great. They provide transportation to Dolphin Cove, Dunns and shopping for the whole day. We went swimming with the dolphins and then to Dunns. After, we went back to Dolphin Cove to just walk around the beautiful grounds and then hopped back on their transportation and they took us shopping. We never had to try and find our drivers. They had people watching for our wristbands and they directed us to our drivers. BTW - our son was 8 yo when he swam with the dolphins and he still brings it up!

If you are going to Cozumel I would recommend the Dolphin Discovery - Royal Dolphin Swim at Chakanaab Park (Sp?). I did this on our cruis elast May and it was truly the experience of a lifetime!!!!! I could not have asked for a better experience with the dolphins, and for a very reasonable price. We did not book with the ship. We got a cab from the port for $10 each way. I have some pictures if you would like to see what is done during the swim. You can email me at j k a t z 3 @ v e r i z o n . net (just don't put the spaces in - lol)!

Son did the dolphin swim at Dolphin Cove indep. about 3 years ago. I think their policy has changed to. They did the island tour (Dunns River) w/local guide who made arrangements for dolphin swim (can't remember his name.. but it's the one always listed for tours in Ochos on the other site here)

Hope this helps.

Carolyn

we went on the mariner last february, (im still in w/ draw mode) we used captain marvins in the "ocho rios". we had 10 on r boat compared to 100 on the ship sponsored tour. it was awesome. the guide went down and got the electric eel to show his face too. ask around , im sure im not the only one that has used him. have fun!!

We did this this on our last cruise to Jamica. We booked off the cruiseship and it included the drive there, the swim and then Dunns River Falls. It was a great day! Swimming with the dolphins was wonderful, something I would defnitely do again. Enjoy!

Archived