Best Cabin/Excursions for four people

strawhat

we are thinking about booking a cruise but have a few questions...my wife and i last cruised to Alaska three years ago on celebrity but think NCL (Pearl - July 5) might be better with the kids (15 and 9). What kind of cabin should we be looking for to accommodate the four of us where we can all have some sort of space without breaking the bank? I am using AMEX points for some of this cruise so we will see a significant break in the price. AMEX has tentatively booked us a "balcony suite" (Category BC) but it seems kind of small for four people. Are there other options?

Also, we enjoyed all of our excursions last time and want the kids to experience many of the same things we did. I recently read about a Bering Sea Adventure that someone raved about. The kids love "Deadliest Catch," is this something we should look into and what, exactly is it?

Sorry for the newbie questions...we really need to get away and want to make sure this is the right choice. Thanks in advance for any and all replies...

We were in a BD on the Jewel, sister ship of the Pearl. IMHO, it was too small for 4, especially if one is a teen. If it were me, I would try to find a balcony with a cheap inside across the hall. You should ask on the NCL board, they will have more of an idea on BC vs BA vs mini-suit vs suite.

We also booked a balcony cabin for us and an interior across the hall for the kids. We did the same thing when traveling with 6 kids.....the two youngest were with us in the balcony and the other 4 across the hall in their own cabin. It really worked well.

You might also consider connecting cabins (not just next to each other)...but with an actual interior door connecting 2 cabins....I've heard that it can be cheaper sometimes than getting a "family cabin".

r/Judy

Archived