Cave Tubing company with shortest hike to caves?

samfine

I don't know the answer to this but I just came back from my cruise tonight. We did the cave-tubing and I was told that the walk would be fine for someone with bad knees like myself.Wrong,wrong,wrong. It was very difficult to walk along the rocky path which did include some steps and a short path across the river, all while carrying the giant tube. Once we reached the water and could get in, it was very beautiful and I was glad that I had done it, I just wish they had been a bit more honest about the hike. There were also some very shallow areas that you had to practically drag along the rocks giving a whole new meaning to the words "bottoms up". It is a once in a lifetime experience, just make sure you have good walking shoes on that you don't mind getting wet. I did the walk in water shoes and wished I had my sneakers instead.

I just got back from Belize last week and booked through ************** with Nacho and Cynthia. The hike was about 20-30 minutes and was difficult in parts, but not bad at all. The pay off is riding down the river in the caves. I would definitely recommend Nacho and Cynthia as they got us the best guide and we had a blast!!! The water is low at the beginning but gets deeper the farther you get into the caves. It was a wonderful experience!

FYI..... Solicitation like this is against cruise board guidelines as are website links to tour operators. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the hike was alittle tough. It didn't help that is was drizzling and the ground was muddy. We went with cavetubing dot com. There were alot of things I didn't like about them. And one was they kept hurrying us up, causing some in our group to slip in the mud .

Please don't be fooled by what you are told! You must read their website very carefully. I too am looking into booking with a tour company for our cave tubing experience. I am a total fanatic when it comes to research and found this written on their web site!:rolleyes:

"Exiting the lobby of Beautiful Jaguar Paw Resort, guests will walk just 100 yards where they will pick up their life vests, grab an inner tube, and walk a few more feet to the river's edge where their unforgettable trip will begin.

Your guide will carry a dry bag for your camera, with headlamps to light the way through these magical caves.

From there, you will cross the river and begin your informative nature hike on trails through the jungle for thirty minutes to one hour, depending upon length of the excursion you choose, until finally, you will reach the entrance to one of the many cave tunnels, wade in the river, sit on your tube and float leisurely, through the sacred world of the Maya underground."

This of course means that you walk for 30 minutes to do 1 cave a little longer for 2 caves and 1 hour to do 3 caves. That is the same for ALL the tour companies. Just a little "interpretation" of what I read. Please someone who has done both Jaguar and any of the competitors offer us a confirmationFor now, the way I see it a walk, is a walk, is a walk....regardless of who you book with!

Smiles, Connie

Archived