Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

i found out. :(

the answer is NO. i was informed that i would be in recovery from surgery, and would benefit from bed rest, not running all over the united states and beyond.

at least i got a commitment on the procedure! :p

Well, despite the fact that for most of us a cruise is a form of healing, you need to worry about your health before anything else.

Hope all goes well, and healing is speedy.

I added mine and hubby's photo to that link.

Comeon everyone...add yours too!

We need a little excitement here, but I don't think that will come till we get the CC nod.

Well, despite the fact that for most of us a cruise is a form of healing, you need to worry about your health before anything else.

Hope all goes well, and healing is speedy.

i know what you mean! :) maybe what we need to do is cruise first, and do the procedure right when we get back!

i know what you mean! :) maybe what we need to do is cruise first, and do the procedure right when we get back!

Well, I suppose that's for you and the doc to work out.

We'd certainly love to have you, but make sure you take care of yourself first.

Well, I suppose that's for you and the doc to work out.

We'd certainly love to have you, but make sure you take care of yourself first.

LOL :p it is purely ornamental. however, recovery is no picnic. it is best to have pure bedrest for a few days. after that, it is best to just creep around a little.

LOL :p it is purely ornamental. however, recovery is no picnic. it is best to have pure bedrest for a few days. after that, it is best to just creep around a little.

Well in that case, you should have a nice cruise to relax you, right before you have it done!!!!

:D

You all still waiting... waiting...waiting...

I check on you all the time.

We're going with Kelly's group Sept. 7th 2010

But I sure hope you all get your group approved soon...

The boards can be so slow this far out :(

and worse if you don't have the excitement of a $25 deposit and OBC :D

Well in that case, you should have a nice cruise to relax you, right before you have it done!!!!

:D

that's what i am saying. what does it take to get the CC nod? do we have to dress in grass skirts and do the hula?

A lot of talk about not getting up all the way in Tracy Arm, but at the end of June it shouldn't be a problem.

I found the following:

This narrow, 26-mile-long fjord is another of Alaska's most dramatic glacier settings. Stand out on deck as the lush rain forest recedes and you enter a stunning canyon of bare rock. The panorama of 7,000-foot mountain peaks and nearly vertical rock cliffs is astounding. Countless waterfalls appear at every turn. Icerbergs make their way to the sea in all sorts of wondorous shapes. And tucked away at the end of this remarkable waterway are two very active reminders of the Ice Age - the twin Sawyer Glaciers.

glacier_lake.jpg

The face of South Sawyer Glacier stretches one-third of a mile and calves icebergs big and small. Hundreds of harbor seals dot the floating platforms. Kittiwakes and mountain goats are a common sight. Whales and bears may even make an appearance in this magical place where closeness and intimacy make you part of the scene.

Tracy Arm Fjord is home to Sawyer Glacier. Though it's not as well known as Glacier Bay, some naturalists claim Sawyer Glacier is even more spectacular. Framed by 7,000-foot-high snowcapped mountains, which drop immediately to sea level. The area is surrounded by sheer 1,500-to 2,000-foot walls of granite falling into the extremely narrow passage, creating countless waterfalls and strange rock formations covered in forest, and trees hanging on to precipices at impossible angles.

Sawyer Glacier boasts an impressive list of wildlife: black and brown bears, deer, wolves and moose. Even mountain goats, which usually keep to higher elevations, have been seen near its base.

I think it's going to one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

a discussion with the other half yesterday stating the case to cruise BEFORE procedure netted a confirmation. we are going to go! it works wonders when part of the case involves pointing out that we could sail in june, or during the middle of football season resulting in possibly missing an important game - like the red river rivalry. being as we were en route to the spring game, it had the desired effect: he is convinced that this is the PERFECT timing.

YAY!

a discussion with the other half yesterday stating the case to cruise BEFORE procedure netted a confirmation. we are going to go! it works wonders when part of the case involves pointing out that we could sail in june, or during the middle of football season resulting in possibly missing an important game - like the red river rivalry. being as we were en route to the spring game, it had the desired effect: he is convinced that this is the PERFECT timing.

YAY!

I was posting my Easter Greetings on the boards I have been following, and couldn't help but comment on your "Timing" the discussion of cruising with the Hubby, I bow to the master... Timing is everything isn't it ;) I am still working on the timing, even though we are booked, the Hints... he just does not pick up on. I suppose when I drag him to the court house to get his Passport, it will all become clear :O) Have a great Easter

Happy Easter my Cruising Sibs...

Like I told Payton, Jesus loves us so much

He wants us to enjoy all the Egg Hunts, Bunnies & Chicks, all the flowers,

and the Candy too, as long as we remember Him.

What a great day, it is raining here and yet, I can only feel blessed

Remembering what it is Easter is all about...

Jesus, dying on that cross for my sin, and rising again...

Amazing...I don't understand it...but I love Him for it!

Enjoy the Day, HAPPY EASTER to all of you...

I was posting my Easter Greetings on the boards I have been following, and couldn't help but comment on your "Timing" the discussion of cruising with the Hubby, I bow to the master... Timing is everything isn't it ;) I am still working on the timing, even though we are booked, the Hints... he just does not pick up on. I suppose when I drag him to the court house to get his Passport, it will all become clear :O) Have a great Easter

:p it was difficult not to smirk. he missed the red river rivalry last year (and 50 yard line seats) to squire me to the town of lawrence, kansas to watch my buffs get taken out by the jayhawks. i was seriously disenchanted. part of the fun of the big 12 tour is watching the buffs WIN! (we have hit a skid streak lately, and it is painful). the next week in norman, i got to see my DH's sooners punk those dang birds.

i have been requested not to schedule a conflict with the RRR again. :D i advised him i was attempting to accomplish exactly that.

My DH and I are still interested in this cruise. To be honest, him more than me. I know the cruise leaves from Seattle next year. Just what is the big difference between the cruises offered for next year and this? I think I read someone say they wished they had gone this year, but why? Isn't Alaska the same no matter what route you take?

My DH and I are still interested in this cruise. To be honest, him more than me. I know the cruise leaves from Seattle next year. Just what is the big difference between the cruises offered for next year and this? I think I read someone say they wished they had gone this year, but why? Isn't Alaska the same no matter what route you take?

in my opinion those people are the type who refuse to take responsibility for their own fun, and who just like to bellyache about everything.

have you seen the options for activities? there is EVERYTHING! i am going to have quite a fun time figuring out what to do. i take the suggested excursions as a starting poing and delve from there.

they have a high ropes course at one of the stops. how freeking fun!

in my opinion those people are the type who refuse to take responsibility for their own fun, and who just like to bellyache about everything.

have you seen the options for activities? there is EVERYTHING! i am going to have quite a fun time figuring out what to do. i take the suggested excursions as a starting poing and delve from there.

they have a high ropes course at one of the stops. how freeking fun!

Thanks, I will take your advice.

Actually this is my DH cruise, pay back for going to Europe last year LOL. Everyone says when I go I am going to love it, so then I am going to go with a good attitude.

I did look at the excursions last year and I am sure the ones for next year are going to good too.

I am still anxious to see just what the rates are. We will have a balcony, that much I do know.

Thanks, I will take your advice.

Actually this is my DH cruise, pay back for going to Europe last year LOL. Everyone says when I go I am going to love it, so then I am going to go with a good attitude.

I did look at the excursions last year and I am sure the ones for next year are going to good too.

I am still anxious to see just what the rates are. We will have a balcony, that much I do know.

the prices are up on the carnival site. if you look at the rates for this cruise, and compare to the rates they offer for the sept 7th cc cruise (which has been graced as a cruise critic cruise - find information under "member cruises") you will see they selected the 8B balcony cabins as the ones they will put cc members in. the carnival website offers those cabins for about $919. they want $1000 through cc, but you get $100 obc, champagne and chocolates.

i noticed that because i am interested in a balcony. the sept sailing does not work for me as a schoolteacher, so this sailing is it. i hope we can get the cc blessing. without it, we are still going.

the prices are up on the carnival site. if you look at the rates for this cruise, and compare to the rates they offer for the sept 7th cc cruise (which has been graced as a cruise critic cruise - find information under "member cruises") you will see they selected the 8B balcony cabins as the ones they will put cc members in. the carnival website offers those cabins for about $919. they want $1000 through cc, but you get $100 obc, champagne and chocolates.

i noticed that because i am interested in a balcony. the sept sailing does not work for me as a schoolteacher, so this sailing is it. i hope we can get the cc blessing. without it, we are still going.

I hope they do give us that rate, it would be great. But as you said, we will be going no matter what. Thanks.

Archived