Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

Ahhh, yes, SHE prolly is.

I picked it, but I assumed there would be a formal choosing once CC lets us run.

:eek: so sorry about the faux pas.

have they rejected a group before? the page regarding groups would lead one to believe it is a straightforward enough thing. i still think they want to see the hula.

I think it's just a waiting game.

If I knew what else I could do to speed it up, I certainly would.

step 1: grab some music with ukelele

step 2: grab your grass skirt and coconut bra that you got from oriental trading company. please make sure you have a tee shirt and shorts on underneath.

step three: from here, i understand that you are telling a story. try to be graceful. if all else fails, look defiantly at the audience and announce, "pudge controlls the weather"

that is the best i could come up with. that and grading papers, which many are not blessed with to pass the time! :)

Look at the deck plans, I use http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page because it has lots of great info, including printable deck plans.

Look under the 'Printable Deck Plans' section for a nice PDF file.

The aft wraps are the two rear corner cabins on decks 4 through 8.

And here's a little video of one. If you can resist after seeing it, you're stronger than I am.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDvtSLMJ7D8

What type of room are they are they for more then two people?

What type of room are they are they for more then two people?

I'm not sure about all of them, but on Spirit class I believe you can do up to 4 in the aft wraps. Not sure about the regular Cat 11s.

Indeed. if you go to the Carnival website and click on :Search for a Cruise" you can put in four people and see what type of rooms work out for you - they have sample pictures of the rooms. You could also call. They have been VERY helpful each time I have had a question.

the prices are up on the carnival site. if you look at the rates for this cruise, and compare to the rates they offer for the sept 7th cc cruise (which has been graced as a cruise critic cruise - find information under "member cruises") you will see they selected the 8B balcony cabins as the ones they will put cc members in. the carnival website offers those cabins for about $919. they want $1000 through cc, but you get $100 obc, champagne and chocolates.

i noticed that because i am interested in a balcony. the sept sailing does not work for me as a schoolteacher, so this sailing is it. i hope we can get the cc blessing. without it, we are still going.

The Port charges and taxes are in that $1000, along with the $100 OBC and other things like Choc. or what ever :O)

But still I think for an 8B under $1000 to Alaska is a good deal, just make sure that the other stuff doesn't run it up to $1200 by the time they are done. That is why I like the CC Group, what you see is what you pay. I sure hope you get a CC group going here soon...

the prices are up on the carnival site. if you look at the rates for this cruise, and compare to the rates they offer for the sept 7th cc cruise (which has been graced as a cruise critic cruise - find information under "member cruises") you will see they selected the 8B balcony cabins as the ones they will put cc members in. the carnival website offers those cabins for about $919. they want $1000 through cc, but you get $100 obc, champagne and chocolates.

i noticed that because i am interested in a balcony. the sept sailing does not work for me as a schoolteacher, so this sailing is it. i hope we can get the cc blessing. without it, we are still going.

When checking prices on the Carnival website you need to select the $919 early saver rate and then go to the next page for the total cost and edit the category to an 8B. The price is $1041.70pp which is more than the $1000. price that we are paying (which includes all) Plus we get $100 OBC and $25pp deposits :)

I hope you guys get better than Early Saver rates for your sailing too :D

All I know is I'll be upset if we wait and I don't get the wrap I want.

I'm keeping an eye on it, and as soon as my tax money comes I'm reserving it, one way or the other.

It would be nice to do it now with $25 instead.

All I know is I'll be upset if we wait and I don't get the wrap I want.

I'm keeping an eye on it, and as soon as my tax money comes I'm reserving it, one way or the other.

It would be nice to do it now with $25 instead.

But were you aware that the 25.00 DOES NOT pertain to a certain cabin? You can do a balcony guarantee, etc...but they will not allow you to pick a particular cabin with that deal. I was going to book the Dream CC cruise and that is what the TA told me that does the CC group cruises. If you wish to pick a particular cabin then you have to pay the regular deposit (which for Alaska is 350 pp)

But were you aware that the 25.00 DOES NOT pertain to a certain cabin? You can do a balcony guarantee, etc...but they will not allow you to pick a particular cabin with that deal. I was going to book the Dream CC cruise and that is what the TA told me that does the CC group cruises. If you wish to pick a particular cabin then you have to pay the regular deposit (which for Alaska is 350 pp)

Oh well, guess I'll be waiting either way. LOL

Story of my life!

:confused:

Oh well, guess I'll be waiting either way. LOL

Story of my life!

:confused:

That's why I just went ahead and got my 100.00 OBC and was able to pick my cabin too. I don't like guarantees...you never know what you'll end up with! But for those that don't care then I say go for it! Either way I'll be on this cruise :)

Either way I'm waiting.

I'm waiting for my taxes, which I am assured will appear Friday in the bank.

I'm waiting for CC to make us real.

Once I get the taxes I'm sure Johna (TA) will do what she can for me as I will still be part of the group.

Once I get the taxes I'm sure Johna (TA) will do what she can for me as I will still be part of the group.

Oh that's her name! Johna is the one I dealt with when I was going to do the Dream Feb 2010 CC group cruise. She's very nice and I'm sure she'll help you out. Also booking with her there is a 50.00 cancellation fee too.

When checking prices on the Carnival website you need to select the $919 early saver rate and then go to the next page for the total cost and edit the category to an 8B. The price is $1041.70pp which is more than the $1000. price that we are paying (which includes all) Plus we get $100 OBC and $25pp deposits :)

I hope you guys get better than Early Saver rates for your sailing too :D

wow. i did not realize taxes and port charges were included as well. that is good stuff.

That's why I just went ahead and got my 100.00 OBC and was able to pick my cabin too. I don't like guarantees...you never know what you'll end up with! But for those that don't care then I say go for it! Either way I'll be on this cruise :)

okay, HOW did you go about getting the credit for a cruise not official? who do i talk to? :)

i am glad to meet ya! as you can tell, i am pretty danged excited for this cruise!

Archived