Possible CC Group Cruise to Alaska, June 22, 2010 Aboard Carnival Spirit

dsb9938

i did not realize taxes and port charges were included as well. that is good stuff.

Yeah, you have to be careful to compare apples to apples.

You can get a bad deal if you don't know what's included.

She got impatient, same as I'm about to do, and called the TA and already booked.

the "official" one?

i wonder what would happen if one were to liftt he contact info from another official thread and just call and ask point blank what can be done for the group (as in i would like to join others, so move this along).

in the sweetest way, of course.

I am sure we will hear somthing any day now. I hear that CC and the TA are really busy right now. We have to wait to be official to get the $25.00 deposit and the $100.00 cabin credit.

Alaska Week started tonight on the Discovery channel.

Think positive!

I'm sure she'd take the business, but I seriously doubt we'd be able to advertise it on here.

And I like it here too much to get thrown off.

that is a dilemma. a two part strategy would be advisable:

1. call from a payphone

2. invent a completely ficticious screen-name

:p (jk)

as i was pondering why it might be taking so long to decide whether or not a group rate could be procured, i realized that travel agents might be hamstrung by the fact that carnival is taking their sweet time getting their cruise rates up past april of next year.

beyond a certain point, there is just nothing. that has to affect what an agent can work with, and as carnival releases their info, the agent might have a wealth of work to do to promote their business.

with the interest this sailing has, i cannot see turning down the money stood to be made. therefore, i shall shift my attention from whether or not this is "official" to discussing what to do once there.

essentially, the TA has the choice to have a slice of the pie, or let it all go to carnival. either way, i am happy.

okay, HOW did you go about getting the credit for a cruise not official? who do i talk to? :)

I booked it on my Carnival Liberty cruise end of March and got the OBC of 100.00 (incentive for doing it on my current cruise). We figured we were going to go anyways and we'd get the OBC along with being able to pick our cabin (which we are picky about)...so it worked out for us.

You'll get the OBC if you wait for the CC official cruise too so hang in there! :)

LOL, people keep saying that.

I'm not being negative, I just don't want to promise anything until I know I can deliver it!

The May group got the call yesterday and are now official.

We cannot be far behind.

YAY!!!:D:D:D

LOL, people keep saying that.

I'm not being negative, I just don't want to promise anything until I know I can deliver it!

The May group got the call yesterday and are now official.

We cannot be far behind.

YAY!!!:D:D:D

good for them! and i agree, it will happen soon!

did anyone watch any of the alaska stuff on the discovery channel?

I think I'll skip the zipline and hope we are getting a great deal. I guess it takes a lot of time writing all the good stuff that we are going to get, right? ;)

I've been on the Spirit before, northbound and LOVED it! This time I'll take my husband.....

i think the zipline is going to be great! :D i so hope i can talk my dh into that!

Never tried a zipline. But I'm going parasailing in July, so who knows?

I'll try almost anything once!

Never tried a zipline. But I'm going parasailing in July, so who knows?

I'll try almost anything once!

high adventure courses are a BLAST! it has been years since i have done one - check out skagway - that is where it is located. at the end, there is a zipline. i hope they let you spiderman zip.

kinda funny that with all that is going on in alaska for side trips, a zipline and course grabs my interest.

Archived