Back from the Mariner...

pierces

...with a "few" photos! :D

A planned do-nothing cruise to the Mexican "Riviera" with more camera equipment than formal wear. Fun and photos were had and taken. I sort of leaned more towards "artsy" stuff than documenting yet another trip south.

Here's the link if you want to take a look: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/mexico2009

Enjoy!

Dave

A planned do-nothing cruise to the Mexican "Riviera" with more camera equipment than formal wear. Fun and photos were had and taken. I sort of leaned more towards "artsy" stuff than documenting yet another trip south.

Here's the link if you want to take a look: http://www.pbase.com/pierce324/mexico2009

Enjoy!

Dave

I have visited several of your posts on CC and also went to your website. Awesome, awesome pictures! I am just starting out with a Canon PowerShot A720, and am hoping to experiment on our next cruise in a month. I know that you are experienced but do you take alot of shots in Auto setting? I plan on using the Av and Tv some this time, but that is probably as manual as I will venture. I sure hope that someday I can take pics like yours. Absolutely beautiful and gives me the incentive to go take as many pics as possible! Thank you!

Debbi

I know that you are experienced but do you take alot of shots in Auto setting? I plan on using the Av and Tv some this time, but that is probably as manual as I will venture. I sure hope that someday I can take pics like yours. Absolutely beautiful and gives me the incentive to go take as many pics as possible! Thank you!

Debbi

Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your question, I shoot about 95% of the time on "A" (aperture priority - your Av) to give me control over depth of field and the rest on full manual for various reasons like picky exposure control or studio flash work.

The best way to take better pictures is to practice. Look at a lot of photos and decide what you like. Once you have ideas swimming around in your head, go out and try to get that same "look". Before you know it, you'll start developing your own "look" and will never leave your camera at home again!

Happy shooting!

Dave

Enjoy!

Dave

Nices photos!!!

Someday, in about 10 years, hope to find time to shoot for shootings sake :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words!

To answer your question, I shoot about 95% of the time on "A" (aperture priority - your Av) to give me control over depth of field and the rest on full manual for various reasons like picky exposure control or studio flash work.

The best way to take better pictures is to practice. Look at a lot of photos and decide what you like. Once you have ideas swimming around in your head, go out and try to get that same "look". Before you know it, you'll start developing your own "look" and will never leave your camera at home again!

Happy shooting!

Dave

I have spent the last few weeks checking out other peoples photos so I guess I am heading in the right direction! I already told my husband that on this cruise, the camera will be another appendage! I will try to experiment more with the manual setting. Your pics have also inspired to look for some of the more unusual photo settings. I am excited to get started! I will be on the lookout for more of your photos!

Deb

Archived