Imagination docking at punta langosta?

worry wart

I have seen that the Carnival Imagination has been docking at the Punta Langosta Pier most recently. Does anyone know if they will continue docking there in the next month or can you only find out weekly where they will be coming to? Also I have noticed two different recent signs on here that people have posted of the prices for taxis to different locations. They are both different. Does anyone know which is the most recent one or if they recently changed their prices?

I see you are living up to your name again, or is that still?

The reason you see two different price lists is because they are for different locations. The Punta Langosta pier is closer to the center of the island where San Miguel is located, so a cab ride to El Centro costs less. It is farther away from Punta Sur, so a cab ride there costs more. Puerta Maya and the International Pier are located closer to the southern tip of the island that PL, so, a cab ride to Punta Sur will be cheaper from there and a cab ride to El Centro will cost more.

A little info and a lot of common sense goes a LONG way.

As for where your ship will dock, it can change, "ship happens".

I have seen that the Carnival Imagination has been docking at the Punta Langosta Pier most recently. Does anyone know if they will continue docking there in the next month or can you only find out weekly where they will be coming to? Also I have noticed two different recent signs on here that people have posted of the prices for taxis to different locations. They are both different. Does anyone know which is the most recent one or if they recently changed their prices?

I believe Imagination has been using Punta Langosta most recently because both Ruby Princess and Carnival Legend have been docking at Puerta Maya every Wednesday. Later in April, Ruby Princess will reposition to Europe for the summer so Imagination will not have to use Punta Langosta then.

http://www.puertamaya.com/port-schedule.aspx

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CRUISESHIPS

cruise.gif

This is the most recent taxi price list I have seen posted here on Cruise Critic. As you can see, it is for taxis leaving from Puerta Maya.

taxi_rates.jpg

That makes sense. Don't know why I didn't think of it being a sign at a different pier. I guess I was just thinking it was a newer updated sign and prices had changed. I noticed on the one at P Maya it says service with a wait and the other one didnt say that so I didn't know if it had changed and they didn't do a round trip anymore. After reading other posts though I think they wait for you and charge the one price of 45.00 RT. That is what it was costing other people before, who took taxis there from what I have been reading. Thanks for the info.

Archived