Be prepared

balf

This isn't a put down for anyone on these boards, but with the recent question about a lady who had booked a cruise with FO and then wanted to know the position re obtaining oxygen while aboard, this is a reminder to us all to check such things before we book.

We havn't heard how the poster went on with her problem, and of course it is really not our business, but from a personal point of view I will think things out in future before booking.

Although I always feel safe and well looked after on a cruise it is worth remembering that if you do have a problem it is not like the same problem at home and medical care, medication and dental treatment is very expensive. I once had dental treatment in a Bugarian dental surgery while on a cruise that I would not wish to repeat.

So, ask the questions before you book and make sure your European medical card is up to date and that you take your medication (split between cases) with you.

David.

We always have to take a medical bag for a reason.

Had a problem with fred this time as they gave conflicting answers.

It meant that i had to ring thompsons fly, to obtain permission ,which in the end i did not need.

Totally agree with the comment as i had sea sickness the first time i cruised and did not take any tablets ,at 28.oo per injection plus consultation you learn quickly.

steve

Archived