Room 8357 Cat 1A on the Freedom. Or any Conquest Class ship

tim5811

6393 is near a steward station pantry and the laundry room is a bit further down. I heard nothing from either room except one time i heard ice dropping from the ice machine. It was a quiet cabin at night and even when i took my power naps in the afternoon. I have already booked it again on the Freedom next year. It is ideally located right in the middle of the ship.

I booked 8357 for my kids on our upcoming Liberty cruise. I was told by the pvp that it is a smaller room with an upper/lower bunk. The room is right across from our balcony room. Hope this helps.

Cabin 8357 is a mystery to the Carnival website also. Only on the Freedom is it marked as a 4E but all other ships of that class it is a 1A. Even Orbitz has it listed as a 1A on Freedom. And I believe I have seen it available as a 1A on Freedom sailings on the Carnival website.

What am I missing. On the Carnival Website 8357 on the Freedom is showing as a 4E not a 1A.

Did a couple mock bookings and 8357 did come up as an available 1A on the Glory and the Freedom even though the color on the deck plans no longer indicates these cabins as 1A.

The other thing that is interesting is that the 1A "key" is shown on the Verandah Deck and if there are no cabins on a deck the key usually doesn't show.

I wonder if Carnival is going to be changing all the 1A's that are not upper/lower only to a higher category. :eek:

As DGP111 indicated in a prior post they have changed 2462/2465 from 1A to 6B O/V. That's a big change.

Edited by sailor44
sp

Maloy---I will find our in 3 days, thanks. What part of Southern Illinios are you from? We live a short 10 minutes for St Louis, MO. kmbb

Great!! You'll have to let me know how it is. btw I'm about 2 hrs south of STL in Herrin, Ill. If you know where Carbondale is, I'm only 15 min away from there.

I wonder if Carnival is going to be changing all the 1A's that are not upper/lower only to a higher category. :eek:

As DGP111 indicated in a prior post they have changed 2462/2465 from 1A to 6B O/V. That's a big change.

Lets not give them any more ideas how to get more money from us. The 1As are the last bargain on Carnival as it is :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sue---Just got home, flew into St. Louis from Houston today. We live in a small college town with SIU is.

Well folks, the room is GREAT--8357!!!! Will tell more later, very tired and its only 6;00 o'clokc and I'm going to bed, not even going to eat supper. Had a great time, will post tomorrow, kmbb

Hi Sue---Just got home, flew into St. Louis from Houston today. We live in a small college town with SIU is.

Well folks, the room is GREAT--8357!!!! Will tell more later, very tired and its only 6;00 o'clokc and I'm going to bed, not even going to eat supper. Had a great time, will post tomorrow, kmbb

lol, just tell us if it had two twins!!! hahhahahahaha :D

Ok everyone, room 8357, has 2 twin beds made into a king or queen(whatever the 2 of them togethor make) This room is great. I don't believe they can be separated, because of the space of the room. There might also be a upper bed, but that can not be used because of the way the queen bed is. I have pictures, but I can not post them, would be glad to make copies and mail them to anyone who would like to see them. Then maybe one of you can post them to let everyone see them.

I loved the room, very good location, no noise from anywhere. Any more questions let me know, kmbb

Firefly--are you here??? Yes queen/king beds in this room.

KMBB.... is it a fact that there is not 2 single beds (seperate) in this room??? Cause I am going with another guy, and there's no way we are sharing! ha ha ha. no freakn' way! Do you mind posting the pics?

Sure email me the pics of the cabin and I will upload them to photobucket and post them here.

You can also attach them here as thumbnails, click on advanced and scroll down to manage attachments. click on that and browse until you find them on your computer and click to upload and they will show here as thumbnails which can be clicked on to enlarge.

My email is in my profile. Anyone can email me whenver they want.

Just got back from the Freedom. All 3 of those central cabins, 6393, 7345 and 8357 have 2 twin beds made up as a king. No room for the ladder to the bunk above.

I will have 6393 which I hoped would be two separate twins not one big bed too. bigduck said he had the twins pushed together which made me think they could be separated. Im cruising with my sister, so I also dont really want to sleep in the same bed with her.

(we could have had port holes on rivieria deck and picked 6393 figuring mid deck, higher deck would be more convenient). Now the category is sold out.

Tim5811---Sorry to say, but I really don't think you can move the beds apart. If you separate them, the one bed would be up against the desk/drawers and you could not use them. It would make it very tight in between the beds also. Does make any sence???? I am sorry, but I can not post pictures, I am not very good at this computor stuff, just don't get it---at all!!!!!

Firefly---can't e-mail you pictures, don't know how, could send them in the mail to you, if you provide a address.

Anyway, this is a nice room, don't think you can separate the beds. They are 2 twins put togethor and they make a very large bed, but to separate them, I don't see that working out. Any more questions, just let me know, kmbb