PV- swim with the dolphins

nic1

I am cruising next week to PV and was thinking about swimming with the dolphins as our excursion there. I have heard the water is freezing this time of the year and wondered if anyone had any experiences with this excursion early in April. Any chance the water in the dolphin tank is heated?!?!? :D

Hi Nic! I did the swimming with the dolphins in PV towards the end of April, granted it was a few years ago but it was an experience I will NEVER forget! Yes the water was a bit cold but to be honest with you once you are in the pool with the dolphins you completely forget about it...or at least we did :p It was just so awesome to have the dolphins swimming beside us and doing tricks for us that cold water was the last thing on our mind. I highly recommend it, it will be an experience that you won't regret nor forget! Hopefully you get this before you leave on your cruise...if you have any questions about swimming with the dolphins please feel free to ask me, I will do my best to answer them for ya! If you have already left for your cruise, best wishes and have a blast! :D

I am cruising next week to PV and was thinking about swimming with the dolphins as our excursion there. I have heard the water is freezing this time of the year and wondered if anyone had any experiences with this excursion early in April. Any chance the water in the dolphin tank is heated?!?!? :D

The water right now is about 78°F-79°F, very nice.

We swam with Dolphins 3 weeks ago. The water was a little chilly in the tank, but we adjusted very quickly. I've avoided this experience the last couple of times we vacationed, but my wife finally talked me into it. I'm extremely glad she did. It was fantastic!

We did the dolphin swim at sea life park in Puerto vallarta just last week (beginning of April) and really weren't cold in the water at all. The outside temperature was nearly 90 so it was actually quite refreshing. My 6 year old daughter was the only one that complained about the temperature in the pool with the dolphin but I usually hate cold water and it didn't bother me much. If you can, schedule it later rather than earlier in the day if you want it to be warmer. But it was an excurssion that can't be missed and one that my young kids loved!

I will be doing this one next week...looking forward to it. Was a little worried that the water might be cold, was checking out the air temps on board the Splender and it was in the mid to upper 70's...glad the water seems to be warm. This was actually my gf's idea, I wasn't really big on it, but everyone keeps telling me is will be an experience that I won't ever get again, so do it.

I will be doing this one next week...looking forward to it. Was a little worried that the water might be cold, was checking out the air temps on board the Splender and it was in the mid to upper 70's...glad the water seems to be warm. This was actually my gf's idea, I wasn't really big on it, but everyone keeps telling me is will be an experience that I won't ever get again, so do it.

yes do it , we just did last week , fun fun fun, we did the encounter, which was good enough, they even brough in a sea lion... hee heee it was awesome

We want to take our 2 and 4 year old kids to the dolphin encounter at the Sea Life Park. What is the best way to get there from the cruise ship terminal? We were not planning on bringing their car seats, so not sure about a taxi.

Thanks.

We want to take our 2 and 4 year old kids to the dolphin encounter at the Sea Life Park. What is the best way to get there from the cruise ship terminal? We were not planning on bringing their car seats, so not sure about a taxi.

Thanks.

Sea Life park is outside Puerto Vallarta on the way to Nuevo Vallarta. So cab is more or less the only way to get there.

We just returned from sea Life water park....the dolphin swim was AWESOME...the tanks are not cold at all. We grabbed a cab 20.00 fro 4 people...took us 15-20 minutes. we did the 10:00 a.m. swim. The trainers stated the earlier in the day you go the better. By the afternoon the dolphins tend to get tired. Many water slides to keep the family entertained. The nachos and drinks are really good. Have a great time.

Angela

Archived