Pt Canaveral to Orlando

Nekochan

What is the earliest time I should book a flight from Orlando if the cruise gets into Port Canaveral (I should be able to get off the ship by 10 or 10:30, I imagine).

What is the best way to get from Port Canaveral to Orlando airpport? (MCO) - grab a taxi, pay for a cruise ship transfer, set up a ride in advance?

Also, does anyone know anything about the 'RCCL luggage valet' program and how it works?

Thanks in advance

Heidi

Flights after 1pm are best.

Least expensive methods to get from Port Canaveral to MCO tend to be rental cars or shuttle services. Cruiseline transfers tend to be the worst method.

With the luggage valet service, you sign up while on the ship (by about mid-cruise). The last full day of the cruise, the cruiseline checks you in for your flights, prints off your boarding passes and airline luggage tags. That night when you put your bags out in the hallway make sure they have your airline luggage tags on them (this is the last time you'll see them until you get home). The next morning when get off the ship, you go through immigration and then head to the airport whatever way you want. When you get to the airport, you can head straight to security as you are already check in.

Plan on no more than an 1 hour to get from Pt Canaveral to MCO (Beachline Expressway is a straight shot).

I would pre arrange transportation. Try www.portcanaverallimotransportation.com. Reasonable rates.

Flight after 1 pm should be great so you won't have to be rushing around all morning and can still have time if traffic or other unforseen delay occurs.

I used to drive from MCO to the Port Canaveral area every 2-3 months for business. It's an hour as someone said...*if* there are no problems. Once a brushfire closed Beeline. Fortunately I was with a colleague from the FL office who was returning from our office. He knew the backroads around the fire but it still took an hour extra. Another time a major accident closed it; about 10 miles from MCO traffic was diverted onto secondary highways. Again, a big delay. Don't cut it too close!

We just cruised out of Port Canaveral in January. We had a 12:30 flight (international flight too), and we had tons of time. We went to the purser's desk on the last day of the cruise and told them we had a 12:30 flight out. They gave us priority debarkation and we were in the shuttle bus by about 8:30 am. We did have to show our airline tickets to prove our flight time, but it was no big deal.

Archived