Boat ride to stingray city

We are taking the excursion to Stingray city through Carnival in GC. Just wondering how big is the boat you take to get there? Even though neither of us in our family get sea sick, is there a possibility that we would? I plan on taking ginger pills before hand but my son in concerned that if he eats breakfast he will get sick. Any comments?

We are taking the excursion to Stingray city through Carnival in GC. Just wondering how big is the boat you take to get there? Even though neither of us in our family get sea sick, is there a possibility that we would? I plan on taking ginger pills before hand but my son in concerned that if he eats breakfast he will get sick. Any comments?

I haven't done that excursion in 3 years but it was just a small pontoon type boat at the time. If you don't get sick now there is no reason that you would get sick on this boat for the short time you are on it. Greg

I did Sting Ray City through a private excursion with a boat that would hold maybe 30 people tops.

The Carnival excursion was anchored next to us at SRC and they were in a double decker large boat that was the size of a large tender boat. I would guess it held 250-400 people.

(but also, it took them forever for the passengers to get off an into the water, unlike us, where all 15 of us on the excursion were in the water in less than 5 minuites)

Bill

If you change your mind and want to do a private excursion, I highly recommend Moby Dick tours. Much better price, smaller group of people, fresh water shower on board to wash off after snorkeling and seeing the sting rays. They met us right at the pier...very enjoyable and enabled us to miss the crowded ship tours.

We just did the Carnival Hell, Turtle Farm, & Stingray excursion last week. Our boat was about the size of the one on the left of the picture posted. It doubled as a deep sea fishing boat. We did not wear snorkel vests or masks, and we were off the boat very quickly. I'd say there were about 15 to 20 of us in all. As far as getting seasick, no one can tell you for sure whether or not you will have a problem. We were in rough seas, and I did feel a little queasy, but not totally seasick. (I am very prone to motion sickness!) The boat operator went very slowly. This was my 2nd time to do this same excursion, and I was well pleased both times.

We already booked and paid through Carnival. I am sure we will be happy with the excursion through them. Thank you.

If it is rough, not to worry. The boat will be packed shoulder to shoulder. There will be lots of strangers to keep you and your family from falling down.

You may trip over the Carnival photographer though.....careful!

I have been there three times. Cancel your excursion with CCL and book independent. I used stingraysailing.com last time.

There is no comparison...... You will have a MUCH better trip if you book independently.

Cheers!

Archived