Nativeway or Capt. Marvin????

SraLiz

Please don't hate me, but I am having trouble deciding between the two!

We are a family of 5 plus my sister. I am in charge of planning EVERYTHING (kinda annoying)and I want to make sure my kids (16, 14 & 12) have the best time! Two of the kids have never snorkled.

I am thinking of the Rays, Reef and Rum Point trip for the day. Both companies are about the same price but I am looking for NEGATIVES if you have expierenced any from either company.

Thanks so much!

Liz

We booked Nativeway mainly for the great reviews and to go to Rum Point. Rum point is very pretty, and the only negative I have about the whole trip was that Rum Point got very crowded once we got there because of a huge tour group. But other than that, I have no complaints, we were in a very small group, and the Captain and photographer were very friendly. I probably wouldn't do this again, but only because I didn't really like hanging out with sting rays. :eek:

I can't think of anything negative to say about Nativeways. If your teens enjoy the water, they should have a great time.

The captain and his assistant were very hands on and can instruct them. I'm not a great snorkler and when I was at the Reef stop, I was holding on to a rope and the captain pulled the rope in so he could adjust my mask. That's how hands on they are.

Yes they are, I didn't want to get in the water, because I was scared, and the Captain came and carried me into the water. Haha, we thought it was so funny, a grown woman having to be carried into the water. :o

I can't think of anything negative to say about Nativeways. If your teens enjoy the water, they should have a great time.

The captain and his assistant were very hands on and can instruct them. I'm not a great snorkler and when I was at the Reef stop, I was holding on to a rope and the captain pulled the rope in so he could adjust my mask. That's how hands on they are.

We went with Captain Marvin's and one of the reasons was that they were so friendly when I sent an email to them asking some typical tourist questions. I sent the same email to two companies, and Ruth with Captain Marvin's sent back about 4 paragraphs answering my questions in detail and a very friendly manner. The other company sent two sentences and didn't address all my questions. I went with Captain Marvin's.

The other company I queried was not Nativway - don't remember who they were!

Have fun!

Di

Archived