Pool Attendants on the Radiance

lscole

I was happy last year when RCCL started having your cabin steward give you the pool towels and you were responsible for them. It really had cut down in the chair hogging issue. Then I read on these boards that the pool attendants were removing stuff from unattended chairs that was great. So I was really psyched when I went on my Radiance Thanksgiving cruise that the chair hogging issue should be minimal. WRONG

The cabin steward gave you beach/pool towels when we were in port. On seas days you got your towels at the pool which of course people were using to saving lounges. :( I only saw a pool attendant go by once and he had tunnel vision. When the CD when he did his 10 AM announcement he did ask that you didn't save lounges but by that time is was too late. I'm at the pool by 9 AM and I go to deck 12 you couldn't believe how many lounges were saved and the occupants did arrive till around 11-12.

RCCL what happened??????

I travelled alone for this cruise aboard the Radiance; I left my towel on the lounge chair, and was in the pool by 8AM by 9:30A when I retruned to the lounge chair I found someone tossed my towel over my boat shoes and they could have cared less. They assumed that someone was "hogging" the lounge chair. People should find out first before removing someone belongings.

Happy Sailings

I usually run/walk around the deck early in the morning and "scout" chairs. I watch people come, leave towels, and go, etc. Now I am armed to go to the pool deck.

There usually are not that many people in the pool early in the morning, so I always ask them if the chairs I want are theirs. If not, I go to the pool attendant and tell them I have seen these chairs stay empty for x minutes. The attendant sometimes has to watch them himself for maybe 15 minutes before moving items. Sometimes they will move them right away. Basically, I let the chair hogs save the chairs I want to use until I am ready to sit down. It worked great on our Jewel cruise last week. Our party of 8 actually got chairs together on sea day! Ha!

The best part of it was when the people came to "their" chairs two hours later and we told them to go see the pool attendant. Their belongings were taken to Deck 4 (I guess lost and found) and they had to go down and get them. I loved it!

BTW, on the Jewel we got pool towels in our room every day.

Archived