Linking account to cash not credit card

The main reason I set up a cash accounts on our last few cruises and settled it in cash was that I had $US purchased when the $CAD was worth more than the $US. The $CAD is now valued at less than $0.80US so I will again be doing this on our this month's Radiance cruise. You can always settle a cash account with a credit card and this avoids the possibility of RC billing your card in it's home currency with the automatic billing, against your instructions given during the embarkation process. This is done as an actual manual billing thus you get a receipt for a $US payment.

So if I check "cash account" during online check-ein I can then use a Credit Card once I get to the pier? I have heard about the higher exchange rate, but wasn't sure what to check during the online check-in.

So if I check "cash account" during online check-ein I can then use a Credit Card once I get to the pier? I have heard about the higher exchange rate, but wasn't sure what to check during the online check-in.

Yes you can indicate a cash account with the online check in and then provide your credit card information at the embarkation check in but if you let RC do the automatic billing to your credit card it may be converted to CAD at a poor rate even if you tick the box indicating not to do that. On last evening go to purser's desk to settle your Seapass onboard account and have them bill your card manually in USD to ensure it is done that way.

Archived