Is Ventura Going To Ocean Village?

pkpon

When I was on Ventura last week there was a rumour going around the ship that she is going to Ocean Village after their two ships have been redeployed to Australia. It would not make sense to me as she was purpose built for P&O.

Anyone else heard anything about this?

When I was on Ventura last week there was a rumour going around the ship that she is going to Ocean Village after their two ships have been redeployed to Australia. It would not make sense to me as she was purpose built for P&O.

I believe it should as it more in the 'Ocean Village' mould than it is traditional P&O.

Of course, just my humble opinion.

But as Stopgob has not been around I am sure I am allowed an opinion now!! :D

Gerry

I believe it should as it more in the 'Ocean Village' mould than it is traditional P&O.

Gerry

Gerry

Whats happened to Jawbreaker then?

Cb

Gerry

Gerry, that post should have been placed in the Humble Opinion thread, but I'll let it go for now.

BWAH HAH HAH HAAAAAAAA

This is not true!! Ocean Village is being disbanded totally.

Eddie

This will NOT happen.

5 month into Arcadia's time with P&O I was told that she was going to be sold off 'Cos she was not liked'.

That was not true and this is not true.

Trust me. (I am nearly Gold):rolleyes:

And a bridge player, as well.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Well it has and it hasn't.

P&O are spreading their wings, and are now trying to compete in various market segments instead of just the one consisting of retired vicars. With OV in Europe wiped out, entree Ventura to fill that gap. Azura to go for yunger, aspirant middle classes, some cash, but don't play bridge. The other wee boats for bridge players of a certain age.

Most of the bad publicity about Ventura centres around its alleged OV qualities. I think the real problem is not that it is going for that market (and unlike so many folk on cruise forums, I don't personally think that having a chin, watching football and not hating almost everybody else is a barrier to citizenship), but that it hasn't done it very ell.

The result - a boat that tries to be chavvy but doesn't quite get there - actually turns out quite attractive to a surprising number of intelligent peoplewhose poker inadvertently fell out of their bottom.

Does ANY of that make sense?

Bring back stopgob.

xx

Would make sense if true. The Carnival UK CEO did say when they announced the ships were going to Australia that they would look at resurrecting it if a more suitable newer ship became available.

Rather than try and dull down the P&O traditional brand, we have seen the reaction just by dropping semi-formal nights they might as well re-brand it..

The OV2 final cruise from Crete to Singapore in Oct sold out in a couple of days.

When OV1s final Summer '10 season goes on sale on the 20th I can see a huge demand and some quick sell-outs.

The main reason for removing the ships was they were too old to effectively make enough profit and maintain and quite a few P&O's were switching brands to save money!

Dingle: Never say never to an Ocean Village revival

26th. November, 2008

======================================

Speaking at the P&O Cruises’ Azura launch party in London last night,

Carnival UK CEO David Dingle told Seatrade Insider about the decision to wind down the Ocean Village brand

and switch the ships to Australia.

He said: ‘Ocean Village has done a great job in broadening the market here

but the high cost of fuel and airfares had begun to have an impact while,

at the same time, the Australian market is now on an upward curve.

‘Although it has a smaller population, cruising has a much smaller penetration than in the UK so there is enormous potential.’

Asked if there could be revival of an Ocean Village-style brand in the future, he said:

‘You can never say never but, if you look at the trend in North America,

it is towards larger and larger brands and away from niche ones.

‘On the other hand, there could be a opportunity when one of the other Carnival brands has ships they want to move on

that are larger, more modern and fuel-efficient than those Ocean Village now operates,’ remarked Dingle.

=========================================

Me too. But then, he is divine.

I do have difficulty with spealling:eek:

BTW the bad publicity about Ventura is Garbage and the ship is fine and an excellent addition to the fleet.

And no you cannot have Aurora either.

Dai....(The Divine)

All this rubbish about Ventura is just opinions. I found apart from a couple of things it fitted the bill for myself and my partner perfectly.

I don't want it to go to Ocean Village, I like sit down meals and dressing up. But I also like the fact you can watch the football in a "British style" pub or watch a funny comedian.

I think P&O are showing how diverse they can be, in a tough market this might be what makes them excel. If your a traditional P&O cruiser and don't like a ship aimed at a younger family orientated customer, stick to the traditional ships.

Chris

To be honest I went on Ventura expecting the worst but after two weeks cruising on her the ship totally won me over.. She does have personality and is a lovely vessel.

I would have no problems sailing on Ventura again..

Stirring it again Gerry.

Not really, I just wonder why negative reports are generally seen as rubbish and not true, but positive reviews are generally seen as a more robust opinion, perhaps even fact.

The funny thing about your post is it is actually the only post in this thread that is trying to stir things, the irony seems to be lost.

My original question was a genuine one, sorry you find it uncomfortable.

:p

Gerry actually READ what I wrote "All this rubbish about Ventura is just opinions" It does not say the negative reports are rubbish it says all the rubbish is personal opinion. Thats 2 very different things. Please don't put words in my mouth.

If you would like to know my thoughts, I wrote a comprehensive review which is in the reviews section. You will find both positive and negative comments in my review. It is just my opinion though.

Chris

Stirring it again Gerry.

I fell for this one didn't I? !!

I have just looked at all your previous posts and concluded that you are just a troll. I do hate it when I accidentally reply to a troll, I can normally spot them.

In case others are puzzled, do as I did!

Cheers

Gerry

It will be interesting to see if the 2010/2011 schedules offer med fly cruises to take up where OV left off.

With the current investment in Southampton, this will not happen.

Also this would mean getting there supplies in a European port and paying in Euros. Again, not going to happen.

Dai

No chance Ventura going to OV, as OV as a brand is being discontinued and there ships are being sent Australia. I was originally going to go on OV, but after reading up on OV decided it was not for me. Went on Ventura, loved it ,and it turned out to be nothing remotely like I had read about OV.;)

Happy sailing

Beckyfaye

Then they will loose a lot of pax.

Carnival might, P&O will not as they were never theirs.

They could go to Costa, a Carnival line.

Dai

Archived