Is Ventura Going To Ocean Village?

pkpon

Well if it doesn't offer fly-cruises from the Med they are going to lose a lot of money. Why waste 3-4 days from Southampton down the West coast of France?

If it's not rebranded then I reckon you'll see Ventura starting to become even more relaxed and hopefully lose the formal nights as ex-OV passengers are being targetted and there will be an increased demand else they'll lose revenue to NCL.

On a recent return charter flight from an OV cruise they put a Consider Ventura for your next cruise Video on!! :rolleyes:

As I said before Carnival either start to blur the P&O brand-name with different policies and risk the wrath of traditionalists or they bend to demand and market/fiscal pressures!

It's a simple case of supply and demand, most "new" cruise passengers prefer casual over formal.

Carnival might, P&O will not as they were never theirs.

They could go to Costa, a Carnival line.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

OV and P&O are both brands of Carnival managed by Carnival UK. When they can't fill Azura with new traditional passengers we'll see what happens!

They could go to Costa, a Carnival line.

They could but they wont.

Having done Oceana Freedom dining last year i would say that the experience was similar to OV from a food point of view. The theatre productions were similar. The more i look at it the more i think that a freedom dining cruise already offers a similar experience to Ocean Village.

P&O have reacted to the current circumstances and whether you like it or not us supposed Butlins lovers covered in tattoos getting drunk every night are coming to a P&O cruise near you:rolleyes:

OV and P&O are both brands of Carnival managed by Carnival UK. When they can't fill Azura with new traditional passengers we'll see what happens!

We will see:cool:

Dai

Gerry actually READ what I wrote "All this rubbish about Ventura is just opinions" It does not say the negative reports are rubbish it says all the rubbish is personal opinion. Thats 2 very different things. Please don't put words in my mouth.

If you would like to know my thoughts, I wrote a comprehensive review which is in the reviews section. You will find both positive and negative comments in my review. It is just my opinion though.

Chris

This is addressed to you Gerry.

They could but they wont.

P&O have reacted to the current circumstances and whether you like it or not us supposed Butlins lovers covered in tattoos getting drunk every night are coming to a P&O cruise near you:rolleyes:

Cheers, Matty. You've just reminded me to get that tattoo done! :cool:

Gerry actually READ what I wrote "All this rubbish about Ventura is just opinions" It does not say the negative reports are rubbish it says all the rubbish is personal opinion. Thats 2 very different things. Please don't put words in my mouth.

If you would like to know my thoughts, I wrote a comprehensive review which is in the reviews section. You will find both positive and negative comments in my review. It is just my opinion though.

Chris

Chris, just for info, a question ends with a '?'. A statement does not, you might want to actually READ what I wrote before getting your self stressed about something that is not actually there.

I WAS interested in your opinion, now I am not.

G

Gerry just for info:

from this websites guidelines:

Spelling and Grammar Errors It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

I have a learning disability. But to be honest I explained myself quite clearly.

Chris

Gerry just for info:

from this websites guidelines:

I have a learning disability. But to be honest I explained myself quite clearly.

Chris

Chris, just for info:

from this website's guidelines

"Please, don't attack another poster or group of posters."

Just try not to get too stressed about it all, it can be too easy to read something in to the written word that just is not there.

I suspect we have both managed to read something that was not intended.

Cheers

Gerry

;)

from this website's guidelines

"Please, don't attack another poster or group of posters."

Indeed.

I suspect we have both managed to read something that was not intended.

Agreed we probably both feel the same way.

Chris

Hey, It would b a good idea about Ventura maybe P&o will re make Ocean Village again in better times they are going to lose alot of money shutting down Ocean Village and the person who said that p&o didnt like Arcadia is wrong as it was a popular fleet ship as Star Princess and if that is true why have they got Artimis?

As a Arcadia fan, who has cruised on her every year for the past 3 years I have never read comments that 'p and o don't like Arcadia'

All my cruises have been fully booked and you don't see as many reduced cruises for Arcadia as you do the other ships in the fleet..

Hey, It would b a good idea about Ventura maybe P&o will re make Ocean Village again in better times they are going to lose alot of money shutting down Ocean Village and the person who said that p&o didnt like Arcadia is wrong as it was a popular fleet ship as Star Princess and if that is true why have they got Artimis?

6 to 9 months a few people were saying just this. P&O had realised that Arcadia was not liked and she would be soon off to another line.

EERrrrrrrrr she is still with us, as it was a load of cobblers then, and it is a load of cobblers now.

Dai

Well if it doesn't offer fly-cruises from the Med they are going to lose a lot of money. Why waste 3-4 days from Southampton down the West coast of France?

That puts us off as well, also living in the north west a flight to a med port from Manchester is easier and quicker than getting to Southampton.

If it's not rebranded then I reckon you'll see Ventura starting to become even more relaxed and hopefully lose the formal nights as ex-OV passengers are being targetted and there will be an increased demand else they'll lose revenue to NCL.

I see Ventura as high risk, I dont want to waste my hard earned money on a cruise with a them and us atmosphere on board. I understand it is traditional to look down your nose at passengers who are in lesser cabins and very much suspect ex OV passengers will be viewed as being very much below the waterline! Carnival will be losing our custom to NCL following our last christmas / new year OV cruise.

On a recent return charter flight from an OV cruise they put a Consider Ventura for your next cruise Video on!! :rolleyes:

I am sure that is what they want us to do but I bellieve they have simply got it wrong. They have built up a loyal customer base, loyal to OV and informal cruising NOT to Carnival. A promotional video for NCL would probably be more popular;)

As I said before Carnival either start to blur the P&O brand-name with different policies and risk the wrath of traditionalists or they bend to demand and market/fiscal pressures!

Someone in their ivory tower at Southampton has got this completely wrong:mad:

It's a simple case of supply and demand, most "new" cruise passengers prefer casual over formal.

Correct and these two new to cruising passengers will be taking one last cruise with OV then voting with their feet / wallets and taking their custom to NCL.

Correct and these two new to cruising passengers will be taking one last cruise with OV then voting with their feet / wallets and taking their custom to NCL.

However talking to a number of ex OV clients on a recent Ventura Caribbean cruise, they loved the formal evenings and the friendly and practical application of good manners to be observed about the ship.

They would most definitely return

Regards

Cb

Hi

I've tried asking this before. What is there to do on Ventura if you don't want to join in with the formal evenings. How many restaurants/ bars etc are still casual? Is the gym / cinema etc still open and the kids clubs?

On page 8 of the P&O brochure it says the Ventura is ideal if you want "relaxed and informal evenings" and provides "the perfect family holiday".

We like to dress smart casual for dinner - linen trousers and open neck shirt / trousers and top or dress. No suits and ties! we're on holiday!

Will we be accomodated on Ventura or will we too have to look to NCL like David and Heather - would prefer to stay with a British company and spend ££ not $$.

We will have to agree to differ here, IMHO Ventura is attempting to be all things to all people and it simply will not work. Too many mixed reviews for us to risk our hard earned money on.

Every Cruise ship as its supporters and detracters and Ventura is no different. With any holiday there is a risk, the only safe option is to stay at home.

Will we be accomodated on Ventura or will we too have to look to NCL like David and Heather - would prefer to stay with a British company and spend ££ not $$.

We too would like to spend £'s, but P&O simply do not offer a product that suits us.

Thats not to say P&O wont siut you, have a good look at the brochures and products on offer as well as those from alternative cruise lines, have a chat to others on this forum and make an informed choice thats best for you.

Like you we like to dress smartly but say no to suits.

Every Cruise ship as its supporters and detracters and Ventura is no different. With any holiday there is a risk, the only safe option is to stay at home.

Which is all true but irrelevant as we want to continue cruising, although Carnival are quite understandably trying to push former OV customers towards Ventura it is not for us for the reasons stated in postings above.

Carnival need to do a bit more for those who dont live in london or the south east, a fly cruise option to the med would probably change our minds enough to give Ventura a try. Ever tried getting from Manchester to Southampton? A flight to Palma or Barcellona is much easier.

Archived