Is Ventura Going To Ocean Village?

pkpon

Tom, you could be on to something there mate!

I have read reports where people stated there was not a sunbed probem on Ventura.

It was not possibe to make that statement on the cruise I was on (school holidays).

Cheers

Gerry

I think that Ventura, more than any of the others in the fleet, is a schizophrenic ship. The difference lies in when you cruise. Go in term time and it's one ship; go in the school holidays and it's a very different ship.

I think I've found the reason why. Look at the normal & maximum capacities for Ventura and, say, Oriana. Here they are:

Ventura: normal 3078, max 3574. That's an extra 500 (almost), and represents about a sixth of her standard capacity - say 15% or just over.

Now Oriana: normal 1818, max 1928. That's an extra 110, and represents about 6% of standard capacity.

So when Ventura's full (for example, in the school summer holidays) she's carrying 115% or more of her normal capacity, whereas when Oriana's full she's carrying 106% of normal. That extra 10% makes a huge difference.

You must have a maths degree:D

Good sums:D

Good point:D

We would still go on the big 'V' in school hols as we do not sunbath and have no problem with children.

However as previously stated we would tend to go outside the school holidays ............. Cos it is cheaper. Therefore more cruises.:D

Happy Cruising

Dai

Cb, I didn't take it that way, I more assumed that you meant Ventura has its fair share of Wayne and Waynetta types rather then people who have suffered unemployment as a result of this recession.

Cheers

Gerry

Yes it was an insensitive remark by C/B, no matter how much spin Gerry puts on it. I agree with hobnob it was a cheap shot, I wish you guys would have the courage to say exactly what you mean.

Yes it was an insensitive remark by C/B, no matter how much spin Gerry puts on it. I agree with hobnob it was a cheap shot, I wish you guys would have the courage to say exactly what you mean.

It suprises me how some of the readers appear to know more about the intention and meaning behind a post than the author. JUST HOW DO THEY DO IT?

It suprises me how some of the readers appear to know more about the intention and meaning behind a post than the author. JUST HOW DO THEY DO IT?

God knows, as it was so obviously a throwaway remark. Funny old world, is it not, Stopgo, oops, sorry, fastforward.

Sir Martin:cool:

Could it be that GerryM was on Ventura during the Summer Mediterranean Season, whilst Dai (the P&O spin doctor ;)) sailed on her during her winter season in the Caribbean?

I would imagine there to be quite a different mix of passengers, summer

vis-à-vis, winter cruising. Accordingly we are not comparing like with like.

BTW I hear you will be able to cash Giro's on Ventura next summer, and there will be Pole Dancing in the Exchange, is this correct? ;)

Regards

Cb

I honestly don't think there was any need for the last sentence in your post. At best it a poor misguided attempt at humour, at worst its inflammatory and offensive.

I honestly don't think there was any need for the last sentence in your post. At best it a poor misguided attempt at humour, at worst its inflammatory and offensive.

IYHO? BTW were you referring to the reference to the Giro or Pole Dancer? Cb

God knows, as it was so obviously a throwaway remark. Funny old world, is it not, Stopgo, oops, sorry, fastforward.

Sir Martin:cool:

Are they the same poser?

Sorry I'm new to this . Do youi have to be different psoters?

First thing is to be able to spell and complete a sentence. What you doing on this board Popeye, all your previous posts are on the Cunard Board. Is there a question regarding P/O you want answering, or have you some other motive. I have to say your spelling and grammar was a lot better on the Cunard Board.

Yet again please can someone answer my specific question- would my children have to dress up in suits / ball gowns in the kids clubs, which I've read go on until 10.30 and longer in peak season?

Hi Tracy

I hope you're still with this thread. This quote is taken from the P&O Cruises webiste on this link http://www.pocruises.com/Help/dining-questions.axd under "What should I wear?".

"Children: The dress code is applicable to all passengers of 18 years and over and we request that on Formal or Semi-Formal evenings children wear, as a minimum, Smart Casual dress, however on these occasions dark denim is not permitted."

It seems nice and straight forward to me :D

Eddie

Srry.

Was just wondering what P&O boat you would recommend for a young couiple.

We like art.

Hope you can help - we arn't comittted to ny company yet.

I would have thought: Arcadia. I understand that there are lots of items of art around her, and she's supposedly marketed towards younger and more sophisticated passengers. And of course you can perhaps pick a 'Tate Talks' cruise on her - there's a thread elsewhere in the forum where people have explained what Tate Talks involve.

Several people who post here regularly will know more about Arcadia than I do, however, so let's see what they say.

Ventura will not being going to Ocean Village.

She may one day go to Princess but Def. not Ocean Village.

My family and I went on the Maiden Voyage of Ventura and loved every minute of it.

Unfortunately some segments of the UK population like everything to stay the same and not move on and progress. Maybe we should all still be using Imperial and it had been better if computers were not invented.

Anyway, Ventura is great if you have an open mind if you are not open to new ideas then don't try it and for those people that rubbish her....... have you been on board.

Just got back from OV2 and speaking with some of the crew they said they are looking at the P&O fleet compared to number of traditional passengers and the fact there is a strong customer base who have been complaining about the axing of the brand.

On the feedback form at the end of the cruise it asks if you would consider sailing with:

NCL,

Thomson,

P&O,

RCL,

Princess

Most people were putting the freestyle NCL or Thomson (and not the carnival Pando/Princess brands).

The feeling was 2-3 years probably Ventura or Oceana.

Yep!

Got the scars to prove it....lol

:D

I still can't understand your change of opinion from your intial Cruise Review. Where I quote " Ventura has the best standard of accommodation I have come across of any ship " and the East " a fantastic restaurant " and to sum up " we had a fabulous holiday " It is certainly baffling this complete U/turn, but I guess Gerry doesn't want the facts to get in the way of a good one liner.

i still can't understand your change of opinion from your intial cruise review. Where i quote " ventura has the best standard of accommodation i have come across of any ship " and the east " a fantastic restaurant " and to sum up " we had a fabulous holiday " it is certainly baffling this complete u/turn, but i guess gerry doesn't want the facts to get in the way of a good one liner.

stopgob, oh how we have missed you.

have you been away on ventura?

xxxxxx

Just got back from OV2 and speaking with some of the crew they said they are looking at the P&O fleet compared to number of traditional passengers and the fact there is a strong customer base who have been complaining about the axing of the brand.

On the feedback form at the end of the cruise it asks if you would consider sailing with:

NCL,

Thomson,

P&O,

RCL,

Princess

Most people were putting the freestyle NCL or Thomson (and not the carnival Pando/Princess brands).

The feeling was 2-3 years probably Ventura or Oceana.

My feeling is that the Carnival group will be lucky to retain 25% of former OV passengers with NCL & Thomsons gaining most ex OV cruisers.

It matters to us and other ex OV passengers when Carnival decide to pull the brand we like and try to offer an unacceptable alternative.

Surely you can choose any cruise line you like , not just what P and O are offering. The free market is what makes the world tick !

Surely you can choose any cruise line you like , not just what P and O are offering. The free market is what makes the world tick !

OK, so please volunteer one that is nearly 100% Brits fellow passengers, charges onboard accounts in £ sterling and offers fly/cruise from UK regional airports. (As offered by the current OV brand).

Archived