OT...question

txflood3

Everyone here was very helpful when I (we) planned our first cruise, I thought I might throw a question out here.

My wife and I took our honeymoon on the Conquest and fell in love with Grand Cayman...so much so that we have set a long term goal to move there and open a small bar in 10-15 years. So, that being said, I am trying to find a nice map of the Cayman Islands...similar to the one on this page...

http://4cornersmaps.com/catalog/product.asp?Productid=337

and have it put in a nice frame as a Christmas gift. The gift would represent the past, as our great honeymoon, and at the same time would represent the future, what we are working towards. My problem is, all of the maps I am finding are out of stock until Jan. My search has been mainly on the internet and I am running into dead ends....randmcnally.com, mapsco.com, maps.com, wall-maps.com...and the generic google searches for "Caman map", "Grand Cayman map", "Cayman wall map"...you get the idea.

Does anyone here know anyone or anywhere in which I can find something similar to the link above? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered going to your local public library? They should have a world atlas, and you could make a copy of the map of the Caymans. If you want it larger, any print shop could blow it up for you. Great idea for a Christmas gift! (Good luck on pursuing your dreams.):)

Did you try eBay? I just did a quick search for 'caribbean map' and it pulled up a list of items, although I didn't see one specifically for Cayman, more for the British West Indies.

You might try posting a plea for help directly on the Cayman board. Some of the people who post there live on Cayman and maybe they could help you. Good luck - great idea for a gift. :)

Archived