Carnival Pride - Port Canaveral

bigmacksmom

I'm hoping someone can help me. I tried to find a thread for Port Canaveral in the Shore Excursions but couldn't find one.

I'm sailing Carnival Pride in October and our first Port is Port Canaveral. Some of their Shore Excursions are listed as "Port of Call Excursion" What exactly does that mean?

I'm hoping someone can help me. I tried to find a thread for Port Canaveral in the Shore Excursions but couldn't find one.

I'm sailing Carnival Pride in October and our first Port is Port Canaveral. Some of their Shore Excursions are listed as "Port of Call Excursion" What exactly does that mean?

On the Carnival website, if you looked at the shore excursion listings, some were listed as "Port of Call Excursion" and some were listed as "Day of Disembarkation Excursion" (I think that's what they were called). What this means is that those excursions marked "Port of Call Excursions" are only offered on sailings where Port Canaveral is an actual port stop in the middle of a cruise. A "Day of Disembarkation Excursion" is one where the cruise actually ends at that port.

In your situation, it looks like your October cruise is embarking from Baltimore and your first port stop is Port Canaveral. This means that the ONLY shore excursions you can choose are those that are marked as "Port of Call Excursions". Since your cruise will NOT be ending at Port Canaveral, but at Baltimore, you won't be able to take any excursions marked "Day of Disembarkation Excursion" at Port Canaveral.

This does mean, however, that if you were to look at Baltimore shore excursions and there are some marked "Day of Disembarkation Excursion", then those you would be able to take provided your flight home is later in the day.

I hope this helps.

BTW, my first cruise was on the Carnival Pride and I loved the ship. We had a lovely dinner at David's and I thoroughly enjoyed my time on it. If you want to see my photos of the ship, simply click on the link to my Webshots page below my signature and then check out my Pride pix.

Theresa

Archived