Opinions about CCL adventure canal, rainforest and banana plantation tour?

lgmg

I am traveling on CCL on the Freedom July 4, 2009. I have been to Costa Rica before and saw the volcanos, went white water rafting, ziplines and horseback riding already. Its time for something different. Has anyone done the Adventure (Tortuguero) canal , rainforest, and banana plantation tour, and is it worth doing? If another tour in the port of Limon is better, I am all ears! All advice is appreciated. Thanks. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We just did HAL & I think this is the same tour (since you're on Carnival). We loved it. You hit 3 things on the trip (all in different order). We had a wonderful tour guide w/ "Swiss Travel" named Leo-- really one of the best tour guides ever had on a trip. We had a nice overview on bus to the Del Monte banana place. You are not there long- but the memories will always make me appreciate bananas! The process was really fun to see- and the people working there were so nice. Next we picked up the train- this was also great- open air- chugging through the jungle. We stopped & saw (& heard!) howler monkeys. The train is out & back- so you ride backwards for a portion. You go out to a remote beach for about 15 minutes-- breath taking scenery, blackish sand. Palm trees. Caribbean sea. Next, we did the canal-- the embarkation place is really nice- they have fruit & beer.. nice clean bath rooms. We saw sloths, jesus lizards, tons of birds, vampire bats.. it was just a nice, pleasant boat ride w/ our same, wonderful tour guide.

This is a very easy excursion- we were afraid it would be too much-- but the day flew by. We also had incredible, blue sky, perfect weather- which we heard was rare. You have done a lot of adventurous stuff- just hope this isn't too tame for you. It was perfect for my family & I. We love Costa Rica after our day on this tour.

Archived