Deluxe Suite Pricing question

FoxyTerrier

Since when are SB's more than SA's?

Deluxe Verandah Suite (SC) Suite2,899.00 SelectDeluxe Verandah Suite (SA) Suite2,999.00 SelectDeluxe Verandah Suite (SB) Suite3,399.00 SelectPenthouse Verandah Suite (PS) Suite7,799.00 Select

On our Mexican Rivera cruise last fall the SC, SB and SAs were all priced the same.

Could this be an error?

Who knows. I've seen sales where insides were more $ than some outsides - and verandahs less than outsides. It all depends on what type of cabins HAL needs to sell.

That seems to be the case. I called 2 different TA and was told by both taht SBs were $400 pp more than SAs. Since we are booking 2 cabins it looks like we won't be getting an aft this go round, but will be saving $1600 by booking a SA. :eek:

We are doing the 10-DAY PANAMA CANAL SUNFARER. Does any know know if it's better to be on the port or starboard side?

It feels so nice to be planning a cruise again and my mom and dad are going too. Big year for us. Mom and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary, our 25th wedding anniversary and DH's 50th birthday.

We are doing the 10-DAY PANAMA CANAL SUNFARER. Does any know know if it's better to be on the port or starboard side?

It feels so nice to be planning a cruise again and my mom and dad are going too. Big year for us. Mom and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary, our 25th wedding anniversary and DH's 50th birthday.

Congratulations to you all. That should be quite a trip.

Which side depends on where you leave - we liked the port side going from San Diego to Florida because it was usually in the shade in the afternoon. But the views of the canal were better on the starboard side. How about getting one on each side so you have the best of all worlds? Nancy

There are significantly more SAs than SBs on the Vista Class ships. (Something like 4 to 1).

If there's a lot of availability, I've seen the SAs have price reductions when the SBs and SCs don't.

That seems to be the case. I called 2 different TA and was told by both taht SBs were $400 pp more than SAs. Since we are booking 2 cabins it looks like we won't be getting an aft this go round, but will be saving $1600 by booking a SA. :eek:

I am presuming this is the Zuiderdam. IMO you will have a better view from the portside and can easily be seen. You can have friends and relatives check

http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html

around 7-7:30 a.m. and you can give them a wave the day you go into the canal at Gatun Locks. If you stay on the ship you can wave on your way out around 2:00 p.m. from the starboard side.

Also, at HMC, your balcony view will be nicer.

FoxyTerrier, I just booked a Zuiderdam 10 day, and found the same pricing anomaly.

I've seen promotions like this before, but not one that saved me so much money! I was looking at SC's, and grabbed the SA at the same price. Trade off: lose aft balcony, gain "across the hall" Neptune convenience.

I suspect the promotion is due to inventory managers gazing into their crystal balls. They expect light suite bookings, don't want to discount a lot of suites at the last minute (but if they do, would rather it be SC's than SA's), and don't think they can interest people in upsells.

FoxyTerrier, I just booked a Zuiderdam 10 day, and found the same pricing anomaly.

I've seen promotions like this before, but not one that saved me so much money! I was looking at SC's, and grabbed the SA at the same price. Trade off: lose aft balcony, gain "across the hall" Neptune convenience.

I suspect the promotion is due to inventory managers gazing into their crystal balls. They expect light suite bookings, don't want to discount a lot of suites at the last minute (but if they do, would rather it be SC's than SA's), and don't think they can interest people in upsells.

Fann1sh,

Out TA said the ship is currently booking on only insides and thus the sale on SAs. We too are aft lovers but couldn't pass up this price. We will continue to monitor the Afts and see if they go down in price.

Which sailing did you book? We decided on 11/23 and will be sailing over Thanksgiving which will be a first for us. DS hasn't been coming home for Thanksgiving so we thought what the heck. I heard Oct and Nov are the rainy season, so I hope we won't regret this time of year.

Sadly, we won't meet - we're booked November 3. Friends told us they'd booked for that date, then when we saw the prices....

Yes, we'll be getting rain. But I don't shrink in the rain. :D

Archived