Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Carol a couple of us will be celebrating our Birthdays along with your Anniversary, so should be a great Party.

Gay

2011 will be our 35th wedding anniver - I intend to celebrate all year!! carol

Hi to all you left coast cruisers!

Carol - January 2011 is our 35th wedding anniv. We are starting our celebrating early with our Med. cruise 10/05/10, join us, looks to be a fantastic cruise. Includes Egypt, its on my bucket list.

Melody:D

Hi Melody: ours is Jan 28 '76

seems like it was only yesterday - oh! would love to cruise with you but Oct is the busiest month for hubby with all his projects at work - Sept/Oct are the worse months of the yr for him... In Nov, his proj's taper down a bit - he works at Dow Chemicals so they do certain things at certain times of the yr, at least he does.

glad to hear from you -- carol

Melody: we are in the process of booking the Infinity for May 2010, Alaska - you can tell me all about the ship after your Sept sailing. It'll be our first time on Celebrity. We went to AK in 1995 and also last yr on the Serenade for 14 days - loved it so much as the beauty of AK is just breathtaking to me. Carol

Hi Carol

WOW our anniv. is January 10th. My, how the time does fly! Can't believe we've put up with each other for that LONG! Through the good and the NOT so good, the ugly and not so ugly!

I totally understand your DH's busy time of the year! I work in a grocery store, so the holidays are out of the question for me:(:(. My DH is an attorney, so anytime he can get off is good for us.

Our Panama Canal cruise is almost here - 3 months and 2 days (not that I'm counting or anything!;)). I'm driving my co-workers crazy! I'm sure they are REAL tired of hearing me talk about it! I'll be sure to let you know about the ship when we get back home. Cruise leaves on Sept. 25th and we fly back to Seattle from Florida on Oct. 12th.

I've been on the Millennium, so I Ppetty much

Hi Carol

WOW our anniv. is January 10th. My, how the time does fly! Can't believe we've put up with each other for that LONG! Through the good and the NOT so good, the ugly and not so ugly!

I totally understand your DH's busy time of the year! I work in a grocery store, so the holidays are out of the question for me:(:(. My DH is an attorney, so anytime he can get off is good for us.

Our Panama Canal cruise is almost here - 3 months and 2 days (not that I'm counting or anything!;)). I'm driving my co-workers crazy! I'm sure they are REAL tired of hearing me talk about it! I'll be sure to let you know about the ship when we get back home. Cruise leaves on Sept. 25th and we fly back to Seattle from Florida on Oct. 12th.

I've been on the Millennium, so I pretty much know what to expect. Only this time we are in a cc cabin, can't wait!!:D

Melody

Melody we did the Panama Cruise in April 2006 from Ft lauderdale, to Seattle, WA and it was a most interesting cruise.

Gay

Hi Gay

So, we are staying an extra day in Ft. Lauderdale (Hyatt Place on 10th) Hopefully that's a good hotel. It does look pretty centrally located. We don"t plan on renting a car. Is the water taxi the way to go? I'm thinking it will be, just from being on their web site. Looks like we can get pretty much anywhere we want to go. Also, any restaurant recommendations?

Hi Gay

So, we are staying an extra day in Ft. Lauderdale (Hyatt Place on 10th) Hopefully that's a good hotel. It does look pretty centrally located. We don"t plan on renting a car. Is the water taxi the way to go? I'm thinking it will be, just from being on their web site. Looks like we can get pretty much anywhere we want to go. Also, any restaurant recommendations?

When we went on our Panama Canal cruise, we also flew to Ft Lauderdale, but it was only overnight and we sailed the very next morning so we didn't have time to go around - we just ate there at the hotel, which was also the Hyatt. We disembarked in LA and flew home from there.

For our AK cruise, I want to be in a CC category too- my friend tells me you get more extra's...

I can just feel your excitement!

WEll, At least you and I are almost Anniversary Twin couples ! only 18 days apart.

I heard that the Millie has? or will go? under some renovations - will you be experiencing the new Millie?

Carol

Unfortunately when we went, they had us way out by the Airport, so we were confined pretty much to the Hotel unless you got a Taxi. I think it was the Interconnental. At the time we booked, we had the choice of a 15 or 17 day Panama, then they dropped the Los Angelas stop making it intirely 17 days. At the time I contacted my TA and asked to be booked out of Palm Springs instead of LAX to Ft lauderdale with a direct from Seattle, WA to Palm Springs. The differance in cost amounted to the hotel stay in Los Angelas + food & gas, had we gone from there. Our flight home from Seattle got us in around 6 PM so alot better then driving to LAX and back.

Gay

Unfortunately when we went, they had us way out by the Airport, so we were confined pretty much to the Hotel unless you got a Taxi. I think it was the Interconnental. At the time we booked, we had the choice of a 15 or 17 day Panama, then they dropped the Los Angelas stop making it intirely 17 days. At the time I contacted my TA and asked to be booked out of Palm Springs instead of LAX to Ft lauderdale with a direct from Seattle, WA to Palm Springs. The differance in cost amounted to the hotel stay in Los Angelas + food & gas, had we gone from there. Our flight home from Seattle got us in around 6 PM so alot better then driving to LAX and back.

Gay

That's one of the main reasons we booked this cruise - only have to fly one way! Just back home to Seattle. I HATE to fly! well, really just take-off and landing, the rest is OK. Would NOT fly to Hawaii -have issues with over water for that long! Yes I know, I do cruise, WATER!:eek:;) Makes no sense, really. Anywho, we have a pretty long layover, 3 hours in Cinncinatti (sp) breaks up the flight, lets me stretch my legs a bit.

I REALLY am going to need this cruise!!:eek:

That's one of the main reasons we booked this cruise - only have to fly one way! Just back home to Seattle. I HATE to fly! well, really just take-off and landing, the rest is OK. Would NOT fly to Hawaii -have issues with over water for that long! Yes I know, I do cruise, WATER!:eek:;) Makes no sense, really. Anywho, we have a pretty long layover, 3 hours in Cinncinatti (sp) breaks up the flight, lets me stretch my legs a bit.

I REALLY am going to need this cruise!!:eek:

I am now NOT liking to fly either ! for many yrs we did the 4-1/2 or 5 hrs to the east coast then onto Barcelona for another 10 or 11 hrs... also to the PHilippines for 11 hrs to Tokyo then 4-1/2 to 5 hrs to Manila -

yikes!! and if you don't like water - from SF to Asia is all........ agua!!

In November we will fly to Hawaii - at least that is only 4-1/2 hrs and it seems to go by fast for me cuz I love Hawaii and really anticipate getting there!

I just wish there were more cruises from SF - it would be so ideal for us.

Carol

With all this flying time, it might be better to come in more then 2 days before a cruise, but then you have the added Hotel & food expenses. It is a good 6 hr flight for us to the East Coast + the additional time to Europe with layovers. I am thinking perhaps it would be better to spend the night at the Eastern stopover, then fly out in the AM.

Gay

With all this flying time, it might be better to come in more then 2 days before a cruise, but then you have the added Hotel & food expenses. It is a good 6 hr flight for us to the East Coast + the additional time to Europe with layovers. I am thinking perhaps it would be better to spend the night at the Eastern stopover, then fly out in the AM.

Gay

That sounds good, Gay - especially with 6 hrs from here to the East Coast - this way you can be fresh in the AM to start another long flight.

A couple of times, we have flown from SF to Tokyo, spend the night - then get on for Manila the following day and we were more relaxed and eager to get to see our relatives. Carol

Carol to me one would be more relaxed also at the time of the cruise and not have to need say 2 days to recover. Something I will be thinking about when it is time for me to book our TA and if we are fortuante to do so, to do a 7 day Med first. It also maybe wise to not take on to much financially.

Gay

Hi Gay

Hi We just did Ft Lauderdale in April. And we stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th. It was perfect for us as there was shopping nearby ( mall which included restaurants and a Publix grocery store) and we easily got to the watertaxis. They are fun. I know we ate at an Irish Pub on one of the watertaxi stops.. tried to get into the Outback by us but it ws a wait so we ate at the hotel.

We also did an everglades tour through the hotel and the Jungle Queen.. which is pretty touristy but fun.

We could also see all the ships in port from there.

Barb

Barb from my readings, many people book their own Hotels when doing a Med Cruise or book with their group from their Roll Call. I wished we had booked on our own when we did the Panama, we got stuck way out by the airport and one of the last groups called for the shuttle to the terminal.

Gay

Barb from my readings, many people book their own Hotels when doing a Med Cruise or book with their group from their Roll Call. I wished we had booked on our own when we did the Panama, we got stuck way out by the airport and one of the last groups called for the shuttle to the terminal.

Gay

We sometimes see that - when you book with the cruiseline, you are last - that's what happened on our AK cruise last yr - Narce and I went on a shuttle that was not affiliated with the cruise ship - we got to the airport really early, checked in our luggages and relaxed - then we saw the cruise ship folks - kinda' late and they were rushing to get their luggages checked in and go thru security.

In Miami we now just book our own hotel, get our own taxi or shuttle to the pier and beat everyone else. carol

Just wanted to say Hi to all and a shout out to "sammamishcruiser", I used to live in Sammamish,WA near Blackwell Elementary in a sub called "Sterlingwoods". I currently live in Las Vegas and it's only a little over 4-hour drive to L.A.'s cruise terminals and not much longer to get to San Diego's. I'd like to see more variety in "Left-Coast" cruises. Why not more round-trip cruises to Hawaii?

Just wanted to say Hi to all and a shout out to "sammamishcruiser", I used to live in Sammamish,WA near Blackwell Elementary in a sub called "Sterlingwoods". I currently live in Las Vegas and it's only a little over 4-hour drive to L.A.'s cruise terminals and not much longer to get to San Diego's. I'd like to see more variety in "Left-Coast" cruises. Why not more round-trip cruises to Hawaii?

l know what you mean - getting tired of the Mexico cruises - since we live in the eastbay, I'd like more cruises from SF - a permanent ship that will call SF their home would be nice, like San Pedro has the Mariner right now... glad you found this thread - come on in as often as you can--- carol

Gay, I'll consider that cruise. April 2011 is a ways off. I'm already booked on the Radiance October 2009 and the Carnival Splendor February 2010. I may try a Caribbean cruise in Fall of 2010 (I've never been on a Caribbean cruise).:D

Archived