Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Just wanted to say Hi to all and a shout out to "sammamishcruiser", I used to live in Sammamish,WA near Blackwell Elementary in a sub called "Sterlingwoods". I currently live in Las Vegas and it's only a little over 4-hour drive to L.A.'s cruise terminals and not much longer to get to San Diego's. I'd like to see more variety in "Left-Coast" cruises. Why not more round-trip cruises to Hawaii?

Hi and welcome to cruise critic!

WOW!! It's a small world! I live on Inglewood Hill Road! I also work in Sammamish. (see my profile) BTW, I LOVE Las Vegas, we visit at least once a year.

I too would like to see more cruises from the left coast (Seattle) besides Alaska. One of these days maybe Hawaii?

Melody

Just finished making my reservations for Hawaii - land trip for Nov... 10 days- flying over and staying in Waikiki - can't wait -!! Haven't been there in two yrs - normally try to go every yr but if we can't, at least every two yrs - Carol

Carol where are you staying in Waikiki, we enjoyed our Sunday walk around the area.

Gay

Marriotts - it's a new one - they just renovated an existing hotel there recently.. we have our points system with them. carol

Thanks, Gay. We still think Greek Isles was our best cruise. Yup, so many places to go. :D I'll start working on putting up my photos from Alaska this weekend. Here's a few I posted while on the ship. No matter how many eagles I see, I'm impressed, so this one was my favorite...

By the way, why does a 2 week cruise require 6 weeks of detox? Boy do I need to loose some pounds!

570453862_7TmFg-L.jpg

I always hate the ending of a cruise and can't wait for the next one. If we had the $$ I could book one yearly, but compromised with DH, so we Cruise 1 yr, RV the next. I don't dare tell him, I am working on a 2nd cruise after our LCC for April 2011, to do a TA. I could change my mind and we do something else, but he expressed an interest in doing a TA.

Gay

Two years ago I retired from my job of 33 yrs, as an Animal Technician, and the freedom of now not having to schedule time off, but being able to get up and go is so wonderful. I enjoyed my work very much, but the time at come for me to slow down and enjoy life.

Gay

Good for you! I would really like to do the same. I was with a company for 25 years and then got outsourced. Same work, same pay but for a different company. People around me keep getting laid off. The future never looks bright. Need to do something else, for the next 5 years or so, until I can retire.

I was surprised they hung to me, I was older then my employers. :D On a serious note, they knew they could count on me every working day, I ended up being the overall worker, meaning I multi tasked. many times DH would get angry if I didn't ask for a day off to go some place, well it was like working in a human hosp, 1 tech or nurse out and it doubled the load on everyone else. They were paying me to work not go to some event. If it was a family matter that's differant.

Gay

Hey there Dave so nice to see you, was thinking of stopping by your thread. We are at 109 today so a wee bit warm on this Left coast. Everyone, Dave did our Pirates Web site for us. Hoping to meet up during a Reunion Cruise if not before. Say hi to Sue for us.

Gay

Hello All - just got back from my weekend in Lodi with my Classmates - will be back to chat when I recover!

Frank and Marianne - glad you are back -

DAve - aloha to you too and come by often -

Carol

On a serious note, they knew they could count on me every working day, I ended up being the overall worker, meaning I multi tasked.

Sounds like very rewarding work. Sounds like a great career.

Carol - Thanks. Busy posting photos now. :D

Carol welcome back, interestingly even though Dave and his wife missed our Hawaii Cruise we have stayed in touch and they hope to join us when we get our Reunion cruise planned. Not sure when it will be yet.

I enjoyed my job tremendously Mountainhouse, and even though there we sad moments with the pets, it was rewarding.

Gay

<------ melted a couple of days ago. Even the dog did not want to go outside.:(

I know what you mean! IF I didn't have to go out today, I would have stayed in - that's what I plan to do tomorrow. it's just awful out there!

carol

Two years ago I retired from my job of 33 yrs, as an Animal Technician, and the freedom of now not having to schedule time off, but being able to get up and go is so wonderful. I enjoyed my work very much, but the time at come for me to slow down and enjoy life.

Gay

I retired after 35 yrs and I couldn't get used to it so I went back for another 3 doing part time - but since my eye mishap, I am home permanently and I LOVE IT!! I am now thinking - why did I go back for 3 yrs? ha!ha! carol

Archived