Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

We usually are only hot for 2 days....then the fog rolls in and cools us down. :cool:

Usually this time of the yr, we used to ride over to Pacifica to enjoy the fog!! then can't believe the heat once we get back home! Enjoy it! Carol

Marianne's out at the movies with our daughter and her friend. My Life in Ruins - not my type of flick ;).

Went to the Stockton Ports game last night, and was treated to a win and a great fireworks show. Definitely going to do it again in the future.

How's your day going, Carol?

By the way, got some Alaska photos up. Link.

Hi everyone! Great to read all your notes and see the enthusiasm for Left Coast cruising. We are born & bread Left Coasters (I'm from WA State & DH is from Oregon), living in CA the last 25 years (Sacramento) and taking our first Left Coast cruise in December 2009 on the Carnival Splendor. This will be our 5th cruise and we are currently celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and the marriage of some close friends. Cannot wait to experience the Pacific Ocean on a cruise ship. Loved our 4 trips to the Caribbean but didn't like the all day flights out and back. Looking forward to your advice, comments and stories.

Cindy

Hi everyone! Great to read all your notes and see the enthusiasm for Left Coast cruising. We are born & bread Left Coasters (I'm from WA State & DH is from Oregon), living in CA the last 25 years (Sacramento) and taking our first Left Coast cruise in December 2009 on the Carnival Splendor. This will be our 5th cruise and we are currently celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and the marriage of some close friends. Cannot wait to experience the Pacific Ocean on a cruise ship. Loved our 4 trips to the Caribbean but didn't like the all day flights out and back. Looking forward to your advice, comments and stories.

Cindy

Hi Cindy: WElcome to our little group and hope you visit often - I know what you mean about flying time - hate it! We just went on a Mariner cruise last Feb to the Mexican Riviera and are going again in April 2011 - then we went to the Caribbean on March and had to fly to NJ to sail on the Explorer... hated flying. I don't know much about the Carnival Splendor - I think one of my friends from Arizona whom I met on the Mariner and will sail again with her in 2011 on the Mariner will be on the Splendro - forgot the date - I understand she is a beautiful ship. We don't live too far from each other - I love the drive along the levee to get to Sac before getting on Hwy 5 - Carol

Afternoon Cindy, & welcome to one of our LCC Board, please sure and stop by our Calif Board, and hopefully you will be able to join us on our CC Left Coast Cruise as Carol mentioned, on April 10, 2011 to Mexico on the Mariner. If you wish further information please ask. You may click on the Calif Link below our signatures.

Gay

Cindy

Had to come over and say hi to you over here Cindy. We used the West Coast Departures thread before our Mariner cruise in Feb and it was a big help. CJW, I have no idea who he is, was a big help for me with some sites we went and visited while in San Pedro and hotels. DH and I are going on the Splendor in Feb so you will have to let us know how it goes for you.

Take care. Laura

Had to come over and say hi to you over here Cindy. We used the West Coast Departures thread before our Mariner cruise in Feb and it was a big help. CJW, I have no idea who he is, was a big help for me with some sites we went and visited while in San Pedro and hotels. DH and I are going on the Splendor in Feb so you will have to let us know how it goes for you.

Take care. Laura

Hellooooooo -- Laura: Out of the blue, I mentioned you on my answer to Cindy - cuz I remembered that you will be on the Splendor! do you know Cindy? I know who CJW is -- curt jerome -- I will lurk on his thread from time to time - I used to post but it got too fast for me - I know some of the folks on that thread.. carol

Hellooooooo -- Laura: Out of the blue, I mentioned you on my answer to Cindy - cuz I remembered that you will be on the Splendor! do you know Cindy? I know who CJW is -- curt jerome -- I will lurk on his thread from time to time - I used to post but it got too fast for me - I know some of the folks on that thread.. carol

Carol...I don't know Cindy. Just answered some questions for her and she had seen my name before. She said she posted here. I have not posted here much. No one like you Carol should have to follow me on 3 threads! :eek: Maybe Cindy will go on the Mariner April 2011 cruise too.

I just used info from Curt Jerome for San Pedro in Feb. Have not posted on his thread or followed him. Don't know who he is even. He answers questions for West Coast Departures that I have seen.

Take care. Laura

Carol...I don't know Cindy. Just answered some questions for her and she had seen my name before. She said she posted here. I have not posted here much. No one like you Carol should have to follow me on 3 threads! :eek: Maybe Cindy will go on the Mariner April 2011 cruise too.

I just used info from Curt Jerome for San Pedro in Feb. Have not posted on his thread or followed him. Don't know who he is even. He answers questions for West Coast Departures that I have seen.

Take care. Laura

What a coincidence ! small cruise world - have a nice week ahead -

Carol

Marianne's out at the movies with our daughter and her friend. My Life in Ruins - not my type of flick ;).

Went to the Stockton Ports game last night, and was treated to a win and a great fireworks show. Definitely going to do it again in the future.

How's your day going, Carol?

By the way, got some Alaska photos up. Link.

Looking forward to viewing your pics - we had a busy weekend and hopefully it'll be quiet manana when Narce goes back to work! Carol

I enjoy reading Curts posts, even I learn something about our So Calif and we live here.

Gay

I haven't followed his threads for a long time now - it's a fast one and I get lost so easily... carol

Hello fellow Left Coasters. We have returned from our first time sailing out of San Francisco. It was the easiest travel and boarding yet. Our TA provided a bus from Sacramento. The bus drove right in to the terminal building. We simply walked a little way to registration and then on to the ship. From the time we stepped off the bus and on to the ship, I don't think 20 minutes had passed. We were dropping off our carry-ons in our room around 1:00 pm and heading up to the buffet for lunch. Disembarkation was just as easy. A short walk from the ship through the terminal to the bus. I could get used to sailing from S.F. :)

I thought I replied to Nancy's post but I think it was on the other Ca thread - anyway, glad to have you back and looking forward to your telling us about your next cruise! lucky YOU... carol

Archived