Cruisers from the LEFT COAST of the USA- let's talk about our CRUISES..

cctn

Hi everyone

I think my best was ended at home in SF. Made it so easy with no getting home.

It is hotter than hot here today. Glad I work inside.

Barb

It truly is HOT HOT HOT here!! Have the air on and fans but the heat seems like it's coming the windows too - even tho' all the blinds are closed! Carol

Any time I can leave from a west coast port, I'm a happy camper (cruiser). I just don't like the restrictions on flying anymore. It was nice to pack my carry-on and suitcase with whatever I wanted for our San Francisco cruise. :)

I love it when you don't have to worry about the 50# weight limit - funny but it's when you fly to a port, that's when you really need more than 50# cuz I usually have to account for clothes before the sailing since we stay two days before . SF is great - except they really need to improve on the pier - carol

John and I spent part of the afternoon, running to Lowes to buy a new Refridgerator. ours suddenly decided to quit this morning. Didn't discover it until late AM. New one will be delivered tomorrow so spent rest of day clearing out old one storing food in Ice chests.

Gay

John and I spent part of the afternoon, running to Lowes to buy a new Refridgerator. ours suddenly decided to quit this morning. Didn't discover it until late AM. New one will be delivered tomorrow so spent rest of day clearing out old one storing food in Ice chests.

Gay

Glad your new refrig is settled in and that business is taken care of...

carol

Nancy our one trip to Alaska to visit Johns sister in Anchorage and his mother, this was April, forgot year, early 2000 I think, it was 40 degrees and people were in shorts and tank Tops, while us Calif's were bundled up to our neck. LOL. following week it warmed up to 50 and we peeled off the jackets and were in short sleeve shirts and levies.

Gay

That's why I only visit in the summer...Love those long, long hours of daylight too...:)

The first we went to AK, I had to take a pic by one of the outdoor clocks on the ship- it was 11pm and it was bright daylight out there - my mistake is, how do I indicate that it wasn't 11 am? ha! ha! oh well, those who look at the pic will just have to take my word for it! Carol

Carol when we were visiting Johns sister in Anchorage, it was 11 PM but only liked liike 2 PM. it was so light, was almost hard to go to bed, as we felt it was to early. LOL.

Gay

Sure makes a big difference!! I have yet to do an exclusive land trip to AK - in the mid 90's Narce used to go yearly to fish with his nephew.

It sure is beautiful in Alaska - I can't wait to be there again - Carol

Frank - glad you got the pics - it was a fun afternoon - and so glad we were able to meet you and Marianne...

If you feel like joining us on the Cruisers from CA thread, please feel free to be a part of us - Carol

Frank - glad you got the pics - it was a fun afternoon - and so glad we were able to meet you and Marianne...

If you feel like joining us on the Cruisers from CA thread, please feel free to be a part of us - Carol

Thanks, Carol! Yup, great afternoon! Will be sure to pop over there.

Little cooler today, but I guess it's supposed to go back up. Hope you're staying cool.

Thanks, Carol! Yup, great afternoon! Will be sure to pop over there.

Little cooler today, but I guess it's supposed to go back up. Hope you're staying cool.

First day without AC on - fans going tho' but late afternoon, we opened the window and patio door = comfortable. There is alittle more action on the other thread - same folks - everyone is welcome to the CA thread even tho' people may not live in CA - we are all friends and love to cruise and that's all that matters!! Carol

But of course!!! I am not as excited about this one as the last one. One of my cruisemates is going on the Pacific Coastal in Sept and wanted us to join them but I can't this year..not enough PTO. Work sure gets in the way sometimes!:(

Pac Coastal sounds interesting - what cruiseline? Sept/Oct are Narce's busiest months at work - I need to wait til next yr - going to Hawaii in Nov is keeping my mind occupied... land trip - Carol

But of course!!! I am not as excited about this one as the last one. One of my cruisemates is going on the Pacific Coastal in Sept and wanted us to join them but I can't this year..not enough PTO. Work sure gets in the way sometimes!:(

I agree about work getting in the way of what's important - cruising!

I agree about work getting in the way of what's important - cruising!

Yep, if hubby didn't have to work, we could go on a couple more cruises per yr - I am not working but I do like to be with him -- so........ I need to wait! ha!ha! carol

Afternoon, haven't been around lately, so felt I better poke my nose in and see whats going on. Carol I guess someone you know has joined our Calif Thread, Karen ( Travelgoddess1). She emailed me today asking for the link to our board. She and her husband were on our Hawaii Cruise and such wonderful people.

Gay

I know KAren from the Diamond thread - we have never met - I think they were on our Mariner cruise last Feb but we didn't get a chance to meet then either. She has a trillion cruises and know she and her hubby are very nice people. Glad she found the thread... Carol

Carol I have been telling severl of those I know from Calif that were on our Hawaii Cruise to stop by, Blanche was one of them (bkellym). I don't know yet if they will join us on our group cruise, ( Karen & Pete) I sent her all the information. We were Port side they on Starboard, but a short walk to our rooms. They were right accross the Centrum on 9th deck, had a center Hump, while were a few doors down, on the Radiance.

Gay

Archived