Two people, two cabins same s&s account?

So, in order to get the best deal for us, my pvp booked my husband and my dad in one cabin, and my mom and myself & kids in another cabin. This way we could get the senior citizen rate. He said to just go to the pursers desk when we got on board to change it. (Husband and dad don't really want to share a cabin for two :)).

My question is-

I really want to put money on our sail and sign now for our cruise, which is May 17th. Can I do this now and apply money to my card and my husbands? Or do I have to give us separate accounts? The kids are little and will not have charging ability. I really want to pay for most everything before this cruise as our employment is changing and I need to know exactly what's what with my bank account. I know I can put away money on my own, but that doesn't work for me psychologically.

Thanks,

ameliabedilia

You will still have separate accounts tied to each S&S card, not tied to your cabin. It makes no difference where you sleep. You can just ask the purser for a extra key instead of explaining you are switching cabins too, why get things complicated?

Your sign and travel card will be tied to whichever credit card you set it up as. If either of you wants to put cash down when you board, you can set it up that way as well. I put my card on my sister's card because I pay her bill, so I just use my card with my name on it but say Im paying her bill.

I would probably wait until Im onboard before I gave them cash if I was doing cash instead of a credit card, rather than purchase fun dollars or whatever its called, just because one of you is changing cabins, it might go to the person who is the main occupant otherwise, so Id wait until I board.

If your two rooms are a "linked booking" than you will have the same s&s accounts. We did that last year with our children. We had to book one adult in each room with one of the kids and the other adult and kid in other room. They were one booking but linked together, so the s&s acct. was the same for both rooms. We did switch who was in which room once on board because if we didn't our door key cards( s&s card) wouldn't have worked the right doors.

You know, if it was me, I would send the money to the credit card company for several reasons.

You know how much money you have sent the credit card company.

You don't have to bring CASH with you.

You won't loose it, or be bothered worring about it. After all, it's a vacation!

I assume you will be paying with a credit card anyway, and you might as well use the approx 30 days to pay your bill.

If you go over your cash payment to the credit card company you will be covered for what you have alrady paid them. Maybe you get point for rewards for using the card.

Try getting the money back in a timely fashion from the cruise line!

At least you know where the money is.

Archived