What to do/see for 1 hour b/f our excursion

christicruiser

Any thoughts on what we should do or see that is near the pier and would take only an hour?

Our excursion takes up most of the day so only an hour to "kill".

Shopping, eating, drinking - we're into all of that!

Haven't been to Grand Cayman before...

Thanks!

Christi

Booked through the cruise line on this one b/c we have such a short amount of time in port.

I get what you're saying though. With the tender taking additional time, we may not have time to doink around the port much.

Is there much going on where the tender lets you off?

Thanks!

Sort of. If you booked on your own, you would have to factor in the tender time including any extra steps the cruiseline may place on those who don't buy one of the ship's shore excursions.

Booking with the cruiseline, they will make sure you are on a tender in time, if you show up when/where they say to. My guess is the total time listed by the cruiseline includes tender time, but could be wrong. Once ashore, I would think they would herd you off on the tour pretty quickly, but...

if you find yourself ashore with time to spare there is stuff right there. The usual Hard Rock Cafe, Harley shop (both to the right of the landing) and such. Also probably a rum cake place or three (free samples?). You might wait until after the tour to make purchases if sufficient time.

I'm beginning to think you might be on one of those noon-6pm stops.

This is what we did when we had time to kill before our private tour: Walk across the street from the tender pier towards the right past the closed Hard Rock Cafe to the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory Store. Its small but the kitchen is viewable inside. I made my cake/liquor purchase which the delivered back to the ship, thus I did not have to carry it around with us all day. I took some photo's and returned to meet our tour guide from Nativeway in plenty of time. Across the street are many shops and places to get refreshments too including bakeries.

Bon Voyage

Archived