member on board receptions?

dirty daddy

On our last cruise, we met members who recommended joining CC. It was an NCL cruise. They said NCL had a private reception for CC members on board and other cool stuff.

We are going on our first cruise since (Holland America). So far there was nothing in our bookikng that would have told HA we were members. Does anybody know about such things? thanks:cool:

On our last cruise, we met members who recommended joining CC. It was an NCL cruise. They said NCL had a private reception for CC members on board and other cool stuff.

We are going on our first cruise since (Holland America). So far there was nothing in our bookikng that would have told HA we were members. Does anybody know about such things? thanks:cool:

You need to go to your roll call, which is a thread dedicated to those on the same cruise as you are.

At the top of the cruisecritic page on the far left you will see boards, click on it and then scroll down till you find 'roll calls'. Then you will need to click on 'Holland America'. A list of all the HAL ships will come up. You then need to click on the ship you are sailing on and you will see a list of different sailing dates. Find yours and click on it.

On your roll call you will find others who are on the same sailing. The roll calls are great for getting to know others who will be on the same trip as you are. You can share information and find others who you might like to do shore excursions with etc. If activities are planned while onboard you will find out about it here. The onboard receptions are called "Meet and Greets" or M&G. You can be as active on your roll call as you chose.

If there is no roll call yet for your trip feel free to start one. If you are having difficulty finding it just come back here and let us know and I or someone else can post a link to it if you let us know which ship you are on and the sailing date.

Hope you have a great cruise and welcome to cruise critic.

Rochelle

Rocelle S has it exactly right. DW and I got to party with the captain and members of the Seattle Seahawks football team on our last HAL cruise by signing up on the roll call. We also got a free Pinacle grill lunch. Well worth the trouble of joining the roll call! I think one of the more active organizers may have taken a list of names (pm'd) then contacted HAL, though. Otherwise they'd have to do a bit of sleuthing to figure out which CC names went with which cabins.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. On a recent HAL cruise, we had over 50 CCers and HAL put on a party for us in Crow's NEst, the Captain gave us a private tour of his quarters and we had a great time meeting/mingling. So ... sometimes they do tend to give a head nod to CCers. My guess is that they do this when there is a bunch of them on the cruise, but this only a guess.

harry

• 2 weeks later...
You need to go to your roll call, which is a thread dedicated to those on the same cruise as you are.

At the top of the cruisecritic page on the far left you will see boards, click on it and then scroll down till you find 'roll calls'. Then you will need to click on 'Holland America'. A list of all the HAL ships will come up. You then need to click on the ship you are sailing on and you will see a list of different sailing dates. Find yours and click on it.

On your roll call you will find others who are on the same sailing. The roll calls are great for getting to know others who will be on the same trip as you are. You can share information and find others who you might like to do shore excursions with etc. If activities are planned while onboard you will find out about it here. The onboard receptions are called "Meet and Greets" or M&G. You can be as active on your roll call as you chose.

If there is no roll call yet for your trip feel free to start one. If you are having difficulty finding it just come back here and let us know and I or someone else can post a link to it if you let us know which ship you are on and the sailing date.

Hope you have a great cruise and welcome to cruise critic.

Rochelle

I hjope you are having fun at sea. Thanx for the information. There are LOTS of members on our nbext cruise (repositoning Maasdam Ft. Lauderdale-Montreal. We look forward to meeing them.

JIM

Jim, I assume you've already checked your roll call for your cruise. If someone has already said they arranged a Meet and Greet, then you don't need to read the rest of this post.

If not, here's how it works (I have arranged three in the past). Someone (or a concensus from your roll call) needs to pick a day and time. Then, that person needs to contact HAL Ship Services. You will need to talk to the representative for your ship. They will determine what is served and they will notify ship officers of the time and place of your Meet & Greet and officers attend based on time available in their schedule. I have never received an invitation for a Meet & Greet. You just list it in a post on your roll call. (Some people do not like to give out their cabin numbers.)

Have fun.

Schwabby

Archived