1st Timer - What to do in Bremuda?

awinter

We will be in Kings Wharf, Bremuda in June for 1 day (8am - 5pm). Ages of people will be 6, 27, 32, & 53. I know I definitely want to go to Horseshoe Bay and understand that we can take a bus there. (#7 or possible an express bus?)

Some questions...

How long is the bus ride? Are the buses right there by the dock or will we be walking a ways? Do they run all day? What time do you think we should head back? Since this is our first cruise, I am a bit nervous about not booking an excursion with RCCL. However, I know a bus ride is not $50 that they want to charge to take us to the beach.

Also, I know there is a snack shop there. What kind of stuff to they have there? Will it be sufficient for lunch? Alcohol? How much are beach chairs and umbrellas? Do they usually have a good supply or is there a chance we can get there and they are out of umbrellas?

Is there anything else you recommend we do while we are in Bremuda? I could spend my whole day just laying in the sun and playing in the water but worry that my 5 year old may get a little bored after a while. Is there anything right by the dock to do such as shopping that if we head back to the boat early we are close but can still explore?

Thanks!

There should be an express beach bus and it will be about a 15 minute ride. The bus in not RIGHT at the ship but it's only a couple of minutes walk. There's no reason to book the beach excursion throught the ship, all they're really doing is providing the transportation. As far as what time to leave, allow yourself half an hour if you plan on staying there all day.

Horseshoe can get crowded so there's always the possiblity of running out of chairs and umbrellas. Never rent them so I don't know the cost. The snack bar has the usual burgers and fries, etc. which will cost about the same as any other vacation spot but it will run into a fair amount for several people.

Yes, there are shops at Dockyard if you think the 5 year old is bored at the beach and you want to leave there. However, at Horseshoe if you walk to the left, there are lots of little coves which are fun to explore.

Another option is Snorkel Park which is right at Dockyard but the beach in no way compares to the beauty of Horseshoe Bay. There are water toys there as well as a snack bar and other beach amenities.

There are ample supplies of chairs and umbrella for rent a Horsehoe Bay..so don't worry. I think that chairs/umbrellas run about 8-10 dollars...also a 5 dollar deposit...just return them and your ticket and get your money back. As previous poster mentioned...there is a well stocked snack bar there. Personally..2 or 3 hours should do you well as HSB...make your way back, take a bus ride and see the sights on the way back to Dockyard...there is lots to do there also...the kids might enjoy seeing the dolphins at Dolphin Quest...just get a ticket to the Maritime museum at Dockyard, do some sightseeing, and when you are there, you can observe people interacting with the dolphins...Enjoy!

There are ample supplies of chairs and umbrella for rent a Horsehoe Bay..so don't worry. I think that chairs/umbrellas run about 8-10 dollars...also a 5 dollar deposit...just return them and your ticket and get your money back. As previous poster mentioned...there is a well stocked snack bar there. Personally..2 or 3 hours should do you well as HSB...make your way back, take a bus ride and see the sights on the way back to Dockyard...there is lots to do there also...the kids might enjoy seeing the dolphins at Dolphin Quest...just get a ticket to the Maritime museum at Dockyard, do some sightseeing, and when you are there, you can observe people interacting with the dolphins...Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies! I did some research and seen there were some things to do at dockyard. I have always wanted to do the dolphin quest thing. Anyone have any experience with this? I have heard both good and bad!

There are ample supplies of chairs and umbrella for rent a Horsehoe Bay..so don't worry. I think that chairs/umbrellas run about 8-10 dollars...also a 5 dollar deposit...

The prices and deposits have gone up over the years so it would be a guess to know what the prices will be this year. I think though it was $10 for each and $10 deposit for each last time I was there. They have run out in the afternoon. I know that because I like to get there early and when I have left, a couple of times at 2pm or so people have seen me bringing back the chair and umbrella and they have given me the deposit money for the receipt so they could get the stuff. If it is a windy day they won't rent the umbrellas.

Archived