Promenade Rooms question

Sammy*

My first post....and my first cruise in 2/2005! I tried to do a search but it's not working...Can anyone tell me a little about the Promenade rooms on the Mariner and/or Navigator?? Do the windows open? Is it a noisy location with all the activity below?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Sammy

The windows do not open. There in no problem with noise as the glass is very thick. The only time the noise seems to penetrate the cabins is when they have the parades at night twice during the cruise. It's nicer than having a cabin with no window, but an outside cabin with a view of the ocean is still better.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

Remember to keep the curtain closed if you need some privacy icon_cool.gif We were relaxing at the Cafe one morning and my eyes were wondering up just on time to catch a woman chaging her blouse. We didn't mind, since she was young and beautiful. icon_smile.gif Just wonder whether she did that on purpose or not icon_confused.gif

We will book a Promenade room next time, just for the view of the parade. icon_smile.gif

Have a nice trip icon_smile.gif

March 28, 2004 - Mariner of the Seas

Florida Beach: LOL!! I'll be careful of that...someone could get quite an eyeful if I were not careful....NOT a pretty site I can assure you!!!

Thanks to both posters for the info!

Sammy

I had a promenade room on the Explorer and loved it. Have one booked for the Voyager this month, and the Navigator in January.

If you click on my link there is a picture of our cabin in the first EOS book.

We have booked deck 8 for each of the cruises, the only complaints I heard about noise is for deck 6 cabins right above the bars & promenade cafe. It can be loud there until 1 - 2 in the morning. Deck 7 & 8 were fine.

If you plan on watching the parade from your cabin, select a cabin mid ship or closer to the promenade cafe area. Cabins closer to the pursers desk did not have a great view from what I have been told, plus there is a walkway bridge for the staff only about midship that the CD stands on along with performers and they usually only face in one direction so you can't see them from some promenade cabins.

View my photos at

http://community.webshots.com/user/cuppyb

Voyager of Seas - Canada

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;30;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;1;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 1-3-04

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 10-27-03

Carnival Ecstasy 5-26-03

NCL Sky 5-19-02

We also had a promenade cabin on the Voyager October past. We loved it so much that we booked one for this October on the Mariner. We were on Deck 7 and didn't hear any noise at all. The only thing is that when we looked out our window all we could really see was the centrum and part of the Royal Promenade. It was beautiful but we seemed to miss on the what was going on down below. We could not see the parades from our room. So on the Mariner we are on Deck 7 but this time we are in the center.

The promenade room we had only slept two and the one my inlaws had also only slept two people. I believe they are all this way. You could have two single beds or have them pushed together for one large bed.

Lisa

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas - Oct. 2003

We just stayed in a PR cabin on the Mariner... 7853... and CONTRARY to what you read on here... it is NOT quiet on non parade nights. There is a little "band stand" under 7563, and whenever they were playing music - it was LOUD! HOWEVER, that doesn't go on very late. We're early risers (in bed by 10 most nights), and never even heard the parades (go figure).

I agree that it is nicer than a room with NO window, but I won't travel without a balcony again... just personal preference. Our location was great (looked out over vintages) for people watching, but bad because the walk to ANY elevator was quite long.

We quickly found we didn't have to close the curtains to change, we just went over near the door - opened the bathroom door, and the shorter side of the closet and it made a make-shift changing room.

When we walked in and saw the room for the first time - the beds were separated... the room felt claustrophobicly small... I had them put the beds back together and my daughter chose to sleep on the couch in the window... not a bad solution for us!

<MARQUEE>Navigator of the Seas March 26, 2005</MARQUEE>

Mariner of the Seas 4/11/04

Disney Magic 12/01/01

Sammy

In our cabin it was only my husband and myself. They say it can sleep four people I believe. There are two couches and I think opens into a sleep sofa that two can sleep on. In my opinion - it would be might crowded with the coach opened. However, you are not in the cabin long at all, so if your family can handle someone climbing over the bed to get up to use the bathroom then its not that big of a problem.

Getting ready in the morning could be tight, but like I said how long are you really in there for.

View my photos at

Voyager of Seas - Canada

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;30;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;1;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Ecstasy 5-26-03

NCL Sky 5-19-02

Nope, the couch is not a sleeper sofa. The promenade view cabins only allow 2 passengers per cabin. None of them sleep more than 2! I think they are adorable cabins! I booked one for my Mother-in-law; Deck 7, midship. I think she will love it. It's like having a hotel room overlooking Main Street, U.S.A. at Disney!

Bonnie Voyager...a.k.a. "Bon Voyage"

“Enjoy whatever cruise you choose....just be sure and choose to cruiseâ€

Inspiration 9/99

Triumph 6/00

Victory 8/00

Victory 6/01

Regal Empress 7/01

Explorer of the Seas 4/02

Triumph 6/02

Carnival Legend 10/02

Norwegian Dawn 12/02

Disney Wonder 3/03

Pride 7/03

Explorer of the Seas 4/04

Victory 6/04

Voyager of the Seas 7/04

Carnival Legend 10/04

Majesty of the Seas 6/05

Adventure of the Seas 4/06

...and more in the works :-)

Are they able to put fold away beds or something in there then? Only reason I ask is the cabin next to ours had two young children staying in a room with them, and when I passed by one morning the door was open while house keeping was making up the room. They had a small bed set up over by the coach area in addition to the regular bed set up in the room.

The children were both young, I would have to guess between 3 - 6 years old. So they were small enought to sleep comfortable I would think in that tiny space. I couldn't picture an adult sleeping comfortable there though.

View my photos at

Voyager of Seas - Canada

Jewel of Seas

Navigator of Seas

Carnival Ecstasy 5-26-03

NCL Sky 5-19-02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonnie Voyager:

Nope, the couch is not a sleeper sofa. The promenade view cabins only allow 2 passengers per cabin. None of them sleep more than 2!.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh...that's too bad! I thought it would be great to stay in one of these, but we have our 9-year old with us....maybe if hubby and I ever travel alone, we can look at the promenade rooms.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Sammy

We had a deck 6 promenade cabin (right above the little sports car) on the Voyager and it was not noisy. The hallway noises were louder than the promenade noises. The cabin is not the place to watch the parade anyway; you should be on the promenade to watch them so you can hear & see the excitement. We decorated our window with balloons and saw a lot of people pointing to it and commenting.

Bibb

From the North banks of the Piscataqua.

<font color="red>Test</font>

Having stayed in this cabin on EOS (#7587) it was perfect for the parade and for those who suffer from seasickness as it is directly in the middle of the boat, I mean ship.. oops. icon_smile.gif If you see pictures of the promenade, it is right next to the big clock going toward the front of the ship.

Enjoyed it so much that after staying in a balcony on NOS last year, we are going back to 7587 again this year on MOS.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Mariner of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas 11/03

Explorer of the Seas 11/02

Royal Majesty 12/95

Costa Riviera 8/89 & 12/89

<marquee direction="right" scrolldelay="0">

boat001.gif

GET OUT THERE!

Archived