Waikiki - Would you stay at HHV or Embassy Suites with Hilton points?

jillyfish

jillyfish, czechgal

There's a rental stand for umbrellas right behind the Outrigger, I saw folks sitting on chairs, but I didn't go to the stand to see about the rentals.

Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures, it was our second visit to the island so I didn't use the camera very much this time.

Flyingirl,

I truly do hope that you have a wonderful time at the HHV, and that hopefully my complaints with HH will cause them to take action. I would be curious as to how the new Lagoon pool is open until 10 when they have posted a sign clearly stating the closing time. Not only were the spas not working, but 3 of the 4 pool slides were also closed, with no explanation, just a posted sign. The only one that was open was a small slide that was about 3-4 feet for small children to use.

Maybe having Diamond status will help you, however if you read on tripadvisor "Watch if when you are a Gold or Diamond VIP of the Hilton Chain" posted May 5. it's buyer beware.

We used our HH points for a 3 night-precruise stay at the hotel. We could not have been happier with everything about the property. We paid for an upgrade to the Ali'i tower and enjoyed the quite pool and happy hour each day. we loved the location of this tower, proximity to the beach, etc. no where is too far to walk and there is so much going on.

anyone have questions about the hotel jsut ask and i'll try to answer.

We used our HH points for a 3 night-precruise stay at the hotel. We could not have been happier with everything about the property. We paid for an upgrade to the Ali'i tower and enjoyed the quite pool and happy hour each day. we loved the location of this tower, proximity to the beach, etc. no where is too far to walk and there is so much going on.

anyone have questions about the hotel jsut ask and i'll try to answer.

Hey cruzfool!

Would you mind saying how much it was to upgrade to the Ali'i tower for each night?

Did you do this in advance? ......and did you do it directly with HHV or with Hilton Honor?

Thanks!!

czechgal,

I heard back from both Hilton Honors and the HHV today. The final resolution of my complaint is that I received profuse apologies, promises to forward my problems to the relevant managers for review and training with their employees and a full reimbursement to my Credit Card for the 1 night's stay.

I still would not stay there again, and I would caution anyone going to that property, especially using HH points or a Gold/Diamond HH status to have the Hilton Honors Customer Service phone number handy so you can call and complain right on the spot.

Be sure to get any promises that they make to you over the phone in writing.

czechgal,

I heard back from both Hilton Honors and the HHV today. The final resolution of my complaint is that I received profuse apologies, promises to forward my problems to the relevant managers for review and training with their employees and a full reimbursement to my Credit Card for the 1 night's stay.

I still would not stay there again, and I would caution anyone going to that property, especially using HH points or a Gold/Diamond HH status to have the Hilton Honors Customer Service phone number handy so you can call and complain right on the spot.

Be sure to get any promises that they make to you over the phone in writing.

Glad you were refunded.

I know it is not very pleasant to deal with stuff like that while on vacation. Hope you were able to leave all of your bad feelings at HHV when you moved onto ES and enjoyed the rest of your vacation.

Thanks again for all of your information!!

Sailing Girl,

Thank you for letting us kow what the resolution was. How wonderful they responded in this manner! So many times, after voicing concerns, you feel "underwhelmed" by their (any company) response.

I'm glad your money was refunded! Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Lisa

Yes, I was promised a refund for our night's stay at HHV, but over a week later the credit still has not happened, nor can HHV seem to be able to come up with a transaction date proving that they kept their promise. So it seems the problems with Customer Service at this property just go on and on.

Yes, I was promised a refund for our night's stay at HHV, but over a week later the credit still has not happened, nor can HHV seem to be able to come up with a transaction date proving that they kept their promise. So it seems the problems with Customer Service at this property just go on and on.

hmmmmmm:confused::(

keep us posted!!

see my problem is the whole pool issue (why I picked HHV in the first place)-- I have a tween that all she cares about is "how cool is the pool" Beach is great, but she wants the "cool" pool, not just a hole in the ground..

see my problem is the whole pool issue (why I picked HHV in the first place)-- I have a tween that all she cares about is "how cool is the pool" Beach is great, but she wants the "cool" pool, not just a hole in the ground..

As long as SHE is happy, you'll be happy then right? :D;)

Archived