Whats with the pools

4sariba

Easily. I like saltwater pools. I like the feeling of it. I think it goes well with cruising. It makes the food taste better. It makes the skin feel better too. Also, it doesn't effect my blonde streaks the way chlorine does.

Is it shocking to you that people don't agree with you?

LOL...I have to agree with you. I don't understand why someone wouldn't understand this LOL!!

I prefer salt water as well...not only do I like the way my sin feels, it also doesn't destroy my bathing suits.

My girls were competitive swimmers throughout their entire childhoods. I spent WAY too many hours breathing in chlorine. I prefer to breathe sea salt, thankyouverymuch :) OH and yes, being a hairdresser, I saw many blonde/green heads in my day from chlorine...can't imagine it's good for you whether you're swimming in it OR drinking it.

Why do people who pay to go on vacation to islands and go to the beaches and swim in the water there have such an aversion to salt water pools?

Why do they think it is worse than exposing your skin to chemicals?

:confused::confused::confused:

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?? LOL...seriously!!

Saltwater vs. Chlorine, Pros and Cons

• Salt water is an expense when it is installed, but after that you do not have to add chlorine as salt makes chlorine. This saves you $60.00 for every bucket you buy.

• Salt is softer on your skin.

• The new salt systems are great, as they monitor and clean themselves.

• You also do not have the obnoxious little floater in your pool all the time with salt.

Both systems generate Disinfection By Products (DBP). Both systems are very climate dependent and also vary based on pool usage.

This has been an educational thread. My best friend's sister has salt water in her swimming pool and loves it. But, isn't that system different than what Carnival uses in their pools? Didn't I just read that the salt content in a salt water home pool system is less than the ocean water that Carnival pumps into their pools? Does it matter? I personally prefer the salt water as well, for the same reason others do, it is easier on the skin and doesn't destroy my swim suit.

LOL...I have to agree with you. I don't understand why someone wouldn't understand this LOL!!

I prefer salt water as well...not only do I like the way my sin feels, it also doesn't destroy my bathing suits.

My girls were competitive swimmers throughout their entire childhoods. I spent WAY too many hours breathing in chlorine. I prefer to breathe sea salt, thankyouverymuch :) OH and yes, being a hairdresser, I saw many blonde/green heads in my day from chlorine...can't imagine it's good for you whether you're swimming in it OR drinking it.

Boggles the mind, doesn't it?? LOL...seriously!!

I kinda like the way my sin feels too. :p :D

This has been an educational thread. My best friend's sister has salt water in her swimming pool and loves it. But, isn't that system different than what Carnival uses in their pools? Didn't I just read that the salt content in a salt water home pool system is less than the ocean water that Carnival pumps into their pools? Does it matter? I personally prefer the salt water as well, for the same reason others do, it is easier on the skin and doesn't destroy my swim suit.

It is totally different. Carnival has sea water. Homes have freshwater.

I would assume it all comes down to cost..........all public pools must have their filters running 24/7.

Public pools do not have to have their pumps running 24/7. Carnival pools are not public, by the way. The pools are emptied and cleaned every night.

Public pools do not have to have their pumps running 24/7. Carnival pools are not public, by the way. The pools are emptied and cleaned every night.

Carnivals pools are emptied because they use sea water, not fresh water. Public pool must have their filters running during operating hours.......not 24/7:o

Furthermore, your body absorbs far more chlorine during a hot shower, where the heat opens up your pores and the chlorine vapor is inhaled as steam, than it would swimming in a chlorinated pool.

Not in my shower because i have a chlorine free filter for just that reason. Greg

Where???? The pools on the Freedom Class are freshwater. ALL 3 of them. Go ask the RCCL board and I can guarantee you will get the same response. Wrona (wrp96) and I do not get a kick back from mentioning the fresh water on RCCL...lol.

There is little that we don't know about those 3 ships. Call it an unhealthy obsession. But I can assure you with 100% certainty that Freedom, Liberty AND Independence are all fresh water.

If it's not out of a mountain spring, then how's it 'fresh?' :eek: :D

I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but, why are the hot tubs freshwater?

Because they actually do put chemicals in the hot tubs. It's because the heat would harbor situations for bacteria and fungi to grow. It's a health issue.

Hot tubs are fresh water.......

...except when there are 20 lil brats packed into them. :eek:

I don't mean to ask a dumb question, but, why are the hot tubs freshwater?

That's a good question. I know they make saltwater hot tubs. Could be the corrosion factor. It'd certainly be a big cost savings for them.

...except when there are 20 lil brats packed into them. :eek:

That's a good question. I know they make saltwater hot tubs. Could be the corrosion factor. It'd certainly be a big cost savings for them.

Your first line answered the freshwater hot tub question. MUCH chlorine needed in the hot tub.:eek::D

Dan

Archived