Choosing hotel near Dublin airport--help needed

We need a decent hotel near the Dublin airport to stay overnight before taking morning flight back to states. We don't need anything fancy but not on extreme budget either. I was looking in to the Holiday Inn Express next to the Crown. Is that a good choice? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I spent a weekend in the Bewley's airport hotel commuting into Dublin each day.

The hotel is a short drive from the airport but the hotel has a regular and efficient shuttle service.

The hotel itself is clean and pleasant, however the one dinner I had in the dining room was excruciatingly awful - no custard with the fruit pie, cold dishes and unreliable and unfriendly service.

The airport has a great place in which to eat a good Irish breakfast on the second floor, as far away from McDonalds as you can get ..... I've forgotten the exact name .. much cheaper than in the hotel and freshly cooked to order.

I spent a weekend in the Bewley's airport hotel commuting into Dublin each day.

The hotel is a short drive from the airport but the hotel has a regular and efficient shuttle service.

The hotel itself is clean and pleasant, however the one dinner I had in the dining room was excruciatingly awful - no custard with the fruit pie, cold dishes and unreliable and unfriendly service.

The airport has a great place in which to eat a good Irish breakfast on the second floor, as far away from McDonalds as you can get ..... I've forgotten the exact name .. much cheaper than in the hotel and freshly cooked to order.

Thank you for the review of this hotel. I had considered this one early on but some reviews say it is quite far from the airport. But then again, who wants to stay awake all night listening to aircraft land and take off. I think I will repost and ask if anyone has actually stayed at the Express hotel next to the Crown.

Archived