What to do in Nassau w/1 yr old..not much time

lisascott207

We are trying to decide if we should bother getting off the ship in Nassau. We have been in the past and shopped and booked a catarmaran excursion, which we loved. We need to find a fun activity that is baby friendly (our son is 14MO and very active and well behaved). We would love to go to the beach somewhere but we would need to bring a carseat/stroller along and will only have a couple of hours. I dont want to pay too much for an excursion or day trip since our window of time is so short. I was thinking about Atlantis, but do you have to pay for a pass there and how far of a ride is it from the cruise ship? Any other activity suggestions/advice??? Thanks!

We are trying to decide if we should bother getting off the ship in Nassau. We have been in the past and shopped and booked a catarmaran excursion, which we loved. We need to find a fun activity that is baby friendly (our son is 14MO and very active and well behaved). We would love to go to the beach somewhere but we would need to bring a carseat/stroller along and will only have a couple of hours. I dont want to pay too much for an excursion or day trip since our window of time is so short. I was thinking about Atlantis, but do you have to pay for a pass there and how far of a ride is it from the cruise ship? Any other activity suggestions/advice??? Thanks!

British Colonial Hilton might be just the right spot. It's a quiet business hotel on the harbour with a private beach, 7 acres of manicured gardens, a nice small pool and beach services (drinks and lunch).

It's very low keyed. No loud music, no announcements, no beach activities. Most people read, relax and work on their tans.

It's $20pp ($10 kids, but I doubt you'd pay for the baby).

BCH is located at the end of the wharf near the Straw market. Just walk around the corner to the entry on Marlborough Street. Pay at the front desk and enjoy a day in paradise.

There's lots of pics and threads on this forum.

I have to agree with scubagirrl. We went to the British Colonial Hilton this past week. It wasn't crowded. It was very nice, and felt like a little slice of heaven. There are pictures of it in my review. Just click on the Sensation review link in my signature! :)

We were at the BCH last Friday. Kids 7 and under are free, 7 and up are $10, adults $20. Most of the chairs on the beach also had shade umbrellas. They had a bin full of sand toys that little ones could play with as well. Kayaks were included also. The water is pretty shallow so our kids had a great time paddling around in the kayaks. We were able to just walk out and get them when they needed help. Nassau was the last stop on our cruise & it was very nice to be able to just walk over to the hotel and not have to bother with taxis, excursions, etc.

Thanks so much for the replies! I am so bummed out that I didn't do my research about babies not being allowed in pools...I suppose it wont be a big deal since we will be at Coco Cay one day and I am seriously considering the Hilton in Nassau since it is w/in walking distance. Do you think it would be worth the money since our window of time is only 2 hours or so? Is it safe enough for my husband or I to walk back to the ship alone with the baby so the other can spend some more time at the beach? Any other info would be great. Since most of the activities are geared for older toddlers, does anyone have some ideas as to what to do onboard w/an active 1 yr old? I want him to be able to play and have fun too!

Thanks again:)

Lisa

Archived