Pinel Island!

Dem&Mag

WOW that is really all I can say about this place, we were there last Wed (Glory Eastern) and it was fantastic, you need to take a taxi and a water shuttle (taxi was $25 for 2 each way and the water taxi was $14 for two round trip). When you get there you can rent two chairs and an umbrella for $20 and then you can do some fantastic snorkling or just lay out on a beautiful beach. This seemed to be an overlooked location but if you have the time it is worth every minute and every dollar. I am working on getting my pictures online and as soon as I do I will get a link here so you can all see.

Enjoy

Sam

Did they have any place to get food and drinks? How about renting snorkel equipment or did you bring your own? How many people were there?

We will be there in a week & was thinking about going to Orient to have a lazy beach day, but I have no set plans so I am still looking at our options.

Did they have any place to get food and drinks? How about renting snorkel equipment or did you bring your own? How many people were there?

We will be there in a week & was thinking about going to Orient to have a lazy beach day, but I have no set plans so I am still looking at our options.

Yes there was a very nice place for food/drinks (it was a little pricey, lunch for two was a Hamburger/fries and two chicken leg quarters and fries and a coke and it was $42 US). There is a stand before you get on the ferry that rents the gear (sorry didn't look at the price we had our own) there was less than 200 people there and I think the beach only "holds" around 200 or so in the chairs (not that much more without as it is a pretty small place which was great). Here are some pictures, (I will be working on putting labels on the ones from Pinel tonight so check back).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34179141@N05/collections/

Sam

We just returned from the Miracle, and our day there was wonderful too! We set up at Yellow Beach....you do pay for the chairs and umbrellas. $10 for the day I think. Click on any of the pictures for more shots of the island. Much nicer, IMO, than Orient Beach...much quieter!

2568110210064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Part of our lunch

2886516470064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

This is where we ate our lunch

2601599530064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

And this was the rest of the lunch!

2188718680064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Enjoyed Isle Pinel last week while in port on Freedom of the Seas. Was on 10am boat over which was full. Only stayed 2 hours so we could meets friends on Orient Beach at 1230. Swam, snorkeled and hiked across to ocean side. Great spot, wish I had more time there. Did see the potential to have car blocked in at Cul De Sac. Park your rental car carefully! Used Budget at the cruise pier for 70.00 including insurance for a 4 dr. Nissan similar to a Toyota Corolla. Anyone on a cruise ship ever go out to Tintamarre for a daytrip?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope I'm not too late and missed you before you leave on your cruise! It iwas not crowded at all. The first ferry over leaves at 1000. Any place with an umbrella charges for the chair for the day; I think $10 for a chair with the umbrella. You can walk across the hill to the other side and there is no one over there.

2371627750064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Water is clear but it is rocky.

2490151280064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is the board with prices listed; hard to make them out:

2568110210064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

anyone done the rc excursion to pinel?

and to answer another posters question regarding tintemarre...i went there as part of CAPTAIN ALANS 2 ISLAND SNORKEL TOUR which i highly recommend.

tintemarre is stunningly beautiful and while we were there we took a mud bath.....awesome:)

We, as well, absolutely LOVED Pinel. It was probably our favourite excursion.

We got there a little early, so we rented a kayak (and snorkling gear) and paddled over. It was great. We beat the first ferry over, grabbed an awesome spot on the beach, and just relaxed and played all day.

Would for sure go back there.

It was a tough decision on what to do in St Marrten, but we did the right thing.

Rented a kayak and paddled over? Cool! That's the first time I've heard of doing that - great idea. How long did it take you...it really must not be to far....How much did that cost, if you don't mind my asking, and is it two people per kayak?

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

This is great news about the snorkeling. It was virtually wiped out after a hurricane in 1999 and it hasn't been good for a while.

Might have to make a trip back to Pinel this year.....

Archived