Cruise critic reunion sat may 16th southampton

southwestie

seeing i only live just across the water in hythe, i could have a mini sea voyage, on the hythe ferry and see all you folf in the flesh!! that is folk! mike, queen victoria may 20.:D

Do go and join in Mike, you will have a ball.......and most probably stagger home at some ungodly hour ;):D

Jackie :)

seeing i only live just across the water in hythe, i could have a mini sea voyage, on the hythe ferry and see all you folf in the flesh!! that is folk! mike, queen victoria may 20.:D

Well you cant say no, can you, we dont have many, but we have quality:), may I put your name down

Hi

Only a week to go till the little get together in Southampton at La Margherita Italian restaurant (at the landward end of the town quay, next to the Isle of Wight Ferry office, with a view over the docks). Do try to attend. The more turn up the better of course, turn it into a great event, I’m sure it will be a memorable one. You’ll get to meet a few of the CC regulars in person. It will be very informative, with rob6852 and virgincruiser 11’s vast number of voyages over the last few years (and their many plans for future cruises), gavboy’s encyclopaedic knowledge of QEII and close, intimate connections within Cunard, capnpugwash’s great sense of humour and wonderful, detailed knowledge of everything nautical. And I haven’t yet mentioned the others who will be there, sorry to have left you out! There’s ships cat (who I’m sure has got many stories to tell of loads of different ships), di, seabourndt (who has so much knowledge of other lines, not just Cunard), and silver service (who‘s coming across the docks to be there). What more can I say?

So drop whatever you were planning to do and come along please. You don’t want to miss this event! Looking forward to a great occasion. Bon Voyage!

SATURDAY MAY 16TH

La Margherita Restaurant Bar

1 Town Quay

Southampton

SO14 2AQ

12 NOON UNTILL 5.30PM OR LATER

CAR PARKING NEARBY

HOTELS NEARBY

MEETING IS IN THE CONSERVATORY ON ON THE TERRACE WITH SEA VIEWS

WE CAN ONLY TAKE 50 PEOPLE SO PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST ASAP

YOU CAN ORDER, MEALS, PIZZAS, OR JUST A DRINK

SO PLEASE JOIN US

Thanks Peppern

I hope a few more turn up, its a great venue, thanks Capnpugwash, great views over the water.

Meals or snacks or just drinks can be ordered, the restuarant would like to know a rough idea of how many will attend by wednesday, so come on and join us for a couple of hours or more.

rob6852

virgincruiser 11

gavboy

capnpugwash

ships cat

di

seabourndt

pepperrn

silver service

Why not make a day of it! Southampton has a fantastic shopping centre and - almost opposite the restaurant - is the marvellous Southampton Maritime Museum. Don't miss this if you've not been there. It is jam packed full of ocean liner exhibits and memorabilia.

Why not make a day of it! Southampton has a fantastic shopping centre and - almost opposite the restaurant - is the marvellous Southampton Maritime Museum. Don't miss this if you've not been there. It is jam packed full of ocean liner exhibits and memorabilia.

It's on our list to see, as we will be staying overnight and making a weekend of it!! :D

mentioning me, well after nearly 3 weeks away on NORWEGIAN STAR AND ZAANDAM having a well earned rest. i asked if i am working and was told only next saturday but i am so looking forward to meeting you all i turned it down. really looking forward to seeing you all

dave

well, robin and I are looking forward to meeting all of you,not sure about gavboys intimate connections though:eek:.

and shipscat , where are you both off too then, where are you staying, can you accomodate all of us????.

and any more coming along, its going to be a good day

well, robin and I are looking forward to meeting all of you,not sure about gavboys intimate connections though:eek:.

Oi , Leave my connections out of this ! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

I have been pondering whether to drive to Soton which is about 130 mile round trip or whether to let the train take the strain. Financially at say 15 to 20 miles to gallon, call it 6 gallons = £30 plus having to concentrate versus £20.30 return from Woking (5 miles). As an ex commuter I almost miss trains,(ok I am lying through my teeth.) It is a 50 minute trip with no changes. No choice really. South West Trains it is. Looking forward to seeing you again or meeting you for first time.

I have been pondering whether to drive to Soton which is about 130 mile round trip or whether to let the train take the strain. Financially at say 15 to 20 miles to gallon, call it 6 gallons = £30 plus having to concentrate versus £20.30 return from Woking (5 miles). As an ex commuter I almost miss trains,(ok I am lying through my teeth.) It is a 50 minute trip with no changes. No choice really. South West Trains it is. Looking forward to seeing you again or meeting you for first time.

Just make sure there is someone to help you get back on the train, Jim- NOT Rob or Robin though.

I'm not sure I want to tell you where we are staying now..........what with "intimates" being bandied around lol!

On no account tell them where you are staying- I am in trouble now as Rob and Robin now know where I live- and people are asking why the house is up for sale!!

15 to 20 miles to the gallon? Good god man, what are you driving - a Centurion tank?

I should let the train take the strain... that way you may imbibe 'till your heart's desire!:eek:

15 to 20 miles to the gallon? Good god man, what are you driving - a Centurion tank?

I should let the train take the strain... that way you may imbibe 'till your heart's desire!:eek:

Robin, it is a charming 1987 Mercedes 300SE, It is perhaps not the most economical but it is 5 times better than the Jensen Interceptor lll 7.2 litre that it replaced. Not quite the same throaty roar. ;)

Surely Capn Pugwash ''drives'' a galleon?

Robin, it is a charming 1987 Mercedes 300SE, It is perhaps not the most economical but it is 5 times better than the Jensen Interceptor lll 7.2 litre that it replaced. Not quite the same throaty roar. ;)

No good for me then I like a good throaty roar:eek:

On no account tell them where you are staying- I am in trouble now as Rob and Robin now know where I live- and people are asking why the house is up for sale!!

I always knew where you lived, Just now I have seen it in person lol:eek:

Archived