Past Guest Pins - What do You think?

sailor44

I recently emailed for some pins that we did not receive. I received back an email telling me I had to call. They didn't do that by email anymore.

Talked to them and they said they has discontinued that program years ago..

Shows you how much they know..

If anyone has Elation or Paradise please email me!!

Calling again..

I recently emailed for some pins that we did not receive. I received back an email telling me I had to call. They didn't do that by email anymore.

Talked to them and they said they has discontinued that program years ago..

Shows you how much they know..

If anyone has Elation or Paradise please email me!!

Calling again..

I've given up in emailing anything since their response is usually "call."

Why take emails and not answer questions?? Another thread, perhaps? :D

Just got off the phone with another department: 1-800 929-6400. And they took my request and looked up my cruises. Gave me a confirmation number and said they would get those out to me asap..

Just goes to show ( and I LOVE Carnival) it always helps to make another call when you don't get the answer you want the first time..:rolleyes:

Now all I need it the Platinum guest bag to put them on..

BonnieMarie-

I do remember where I was...LoL.. WE did the barbados all inclusive correct and you had to pay more and they double charged your credit card? Wasn't that yall? We are going on the splendor may 3rd...LOL. I would love the pin from fascination if you are not going to keep it. Thanks so much and I will remind you...LOL

No that was Becky. She finally got it straightened out I think. We were at the Pineapple resort and they charged $10.00pp more than what was on their website but at least they charged me the correct price.

The cruise on the Fascination is our annual girls trip. DH & I are going on the Freedom in August for my 50th birthday. Trying to talk Becky & Russell into going with us. There are already 4 couples going and Becky & Russell are so much fun I really want them to go.

Make sure to remind me and I'll send it to you.

Anyone have an opinion as to the value of the past guest pins?

I guess if I used a lanyard or a hat I could put them on there, but I don't so I really don't think I have a use for them.

What do you think? :D

I don't have a clue where any of mine are. I know I had some on a bucket hat, but haven't seen that since Hurricane Jeanne ripped the roof off.

You could sell them on E Bay. A couple of years ago somebody put a set of CAPERS on EBay. We all laughed!! They SOLD for around $40.00. Not so funny!

Dan

I wear all mine on my lanyard in the order that we took the cruise. It is getting heavy. I did go ahead and request from NCL the pins for our upcoming Nov cruise before they no longer have any to give away.

Dave

On our last two cruises they were in our cabin along with the invites to the Past Guest Reception.

This will be our 2nd cruise on Carnival, but on 2 different ships. will we still get past guest pins?

There are a lot of them for sale on Ebay.

DH just recieved his he bought on e-bay from Fantasy. Found out we were not going to get any on our next 2 cruises because they are 4 nighters.He was bummed.:( I told him he could ask the purser for one which he will probably do.

DH just recieved his he bought on e-bay from Fantasy. Found out we were not going to get any on our next 2 cruises because they are 4 nighters.He was bummed.:( I told him he could ask the purser for one which he will probably do.

And if that does not pan out, ask your room steward. Housekeeping is really the dept that has the pins as they are the ones leaving them in your cabin on a 5-night or longer cruise. A $ tip might help convince the room steward.

Dave

Anyone out there have a Sensation pin they might be willing to part with? Willing to pay... I have tried several times through PVP and customer service and it appears they don't make them anymore for that ship. Would like to keep the collection current ya know :) and yes I looked on ebay and didn't see one.

Anyone out there have a Sensation pin they might be willing to part with? Willing to pay... I have tried several times through PVP and customer service and it appears they don't make them anymore for that ship. Would like to keep the collection current ya know :) and yes I looked on ebay and didn't see one.

I guess this ship only does the short cruises and they don't give them out on the short cruises.

I don't know whether the Sensation ever did give out pins, but if they did then you might want to ask on an upcoming roll call if someone could ask their room steward and / or purser if they have any.

Just a thought!

Just got off the phone with another department: 1-800 929-6400. And they took my request and looked up my cruises. Gave me a confirmation number and said they would get those out to me asap..

Just goes to show ( and I LOVE Carnival) it always helps to make another call when you don't get the answer you want the first time..:rolleyes:

Now all I need it the Platinum guest bag to put them on..

Please let us know if you receive the pins. I called about 4 months ago because my Mom had a visor with all her pins on it and lost it. Mom is going to be 75 in May and has 22 Carnival cruises plus others under her belt. She was so upset over losing her hat so I called the above # and also received a confirmation #. About 2 months ago I called back because she still didn't receive them. At that time I was told that they didn't have any information and no such confirmation #. So, I did it again, this time making a joke "Will she have it in time for her 75th birthday?" and guess what, to date, still no pins.

I was going to surprise Mom with a new Carnival visor (which I actually purchased last week on board the Valor), was going to put the pins on it and say Happy Birthday but it doesn't seem as through that is going to happen now. I don't even feel like calling again.

We always gave the bags away to roll call friends, relatives etc. How I wish I had kept a couple around now because I use mine all the time and it's getting old.

Anyone have an opinion as to the value of the past guest pins?

I guess if I used a lanyard or a hat I could put them on there, but I don't so I really don't think I have a use for them.

What do you think? :D

I love the little buggers..

I have several Plantation hats that I wear sometimes....on those days when my hair has a mind of it's own...or, I have to run out for something and haven't shampooed and the hair looks like he----.... One of them is a bright lipstick-red...white a wide white hatband... I put all the pins on the hatband..this is the hat I take on cruises anyway so might as well decorate it with the pins.

I've seen others with pins on their lanyard or on a visor, etc. It's personal preference......

That being said, these pins bring premium prices on eBay......:D

I don't have a clue why.....

I want a Fascination pin. I have been on it twice --only 4 days each time.

I have an extra Destiny pin I would trade for a Fascination pin-- anyone????

These pins come up on eBay regularly.....the last Fascination pin sold brought 29.00....Fantasy brought 22.00...Holiday, 23.00..the one Holiday pin prior brought 44.00!!!! Crikeys, even Triumph, Liberty and others bring from 5.00-15.00.

Several are up for bid now.....

Please let us know if you receive the pins. I called about 4 months ago because my Mom had a visor with all her pins on it and lost it. Mom is going to be 75 in May and has 22 Carnival cruises plus others under her belt. She was so upset over losing her hat so I called the above # and also received a confirmation #. About 2 months ago I called back because she still didn't receive them. At that time I was told that they didn't have any information and no such confirmation #. So, I did it again, this time making a joke "Will she have it in time for her 75th birthday?" and guess what, to date, still no pins.

I was going to surprise Mom with a new Carnival visor (which I actually purchased last week on board the Valor), was going to put the pins on it and say Happy Birthday but it doesn't seem as through that is going to happen now. I don't even feel like calling again.

We always gave the bags away to roll call friends, relatives etc. How I wish I had kept a couple around now because I use mine all the time and it's getting old.

I sure will. If I don't see anything within 2 weeks I'll be calling again. I did send an email a year or so ago to replace an Elation we lost or didn't get and I got that really quickly. We shall see.

I emailed in January (the day before our 5 day cruise) for a Fantasy pin...and it was waiting for me in the mailbox when we got home! For those of you not having luck with calling, try an email to customer service. Perhaps they are like the phones, just because one tells you no, try again, you might get another answer! LOL

I put my pins on my totebag that I use for a carryon/beach bag.

OH NO!!.. I just sent an email to customer service for the Sensation pin as that is the only one I'm missing...I will be bummed if they don't come thru for me..like you I have been looking on ebay and they are not to be had..

Who wants to buy mine i have a lot LOL

Got a Conquest and Glory?? :D I have all mine, except those two I can't find,:( on my CC lanyard too. I also have the Ecstasy, my first cruise, got it by writing to guest relations, HMM GOOD customer service???:p I even have one from the Liberty, cause my son got it accidently on the Legend LOL

These pins come up on eBay regularly.....the last Fascination pin sold brought 29.00....Fantasy brought 22.00...Holiday' date=' 23.00..the one Holiday pin prior brought 44.00!!!! Crikeys, even Triumph, Liberty and others bring from 5.00-15.00.

Several are up for bid now.....[/quote']

Wow, sell mine and it could pay for a few DOD's on my next cruise.:D

Archived