Valor Review, Spring Break with PICS

newt98

we walked right on to the ship, then proceeded to the lido deck to watch for the late returning pax. we figured there would be some, because it was after 5 o'clock and we were still in port, so we knew we were waiting for somebody, so we just had some drinks and took some pics.

Sorry Mike! That was us!! My husband and I were the last people on the ship that day as we had set our watches wrong. We didn't realized Roatan was 2 hours behind ship time. Luckily we were only 2 minutes late!

we soon found out what the hold up was. we saw an ambulance in the distance heading towards the ship. it got to the cruise center and turned in. they opened the back and pulled out a gurney with a woman on it, and rolled her onto the ship.

we found out later from our 17 year old, who was playing madden with the ladies grandson, that she had a stroke and was brought back to the ship. we saw her the next morning being brought off of a tender in belize, and getting into an ambulance. she seemed ok, she did not want to get on the gurney at belize. i am guessing that they took her off the ship here to send to a hospital in the staes. that is the last we heard or saw from her.

on the deck in roatan

29ffpg3.jpg

looks like the little ones had stuff to do

2d77frd.jpg

lady coming in from ambulance, yes, i was gawking and taking pics

2nkm4ua.jpg

still gawking at the injured

119se53.jpg

Sorry Mike! That was us!! My husband and I were the last people on the ship that day as we had set our watches wrong. We didn't realized Roatan was 2 hours behind ship time. Luckily we were only 2 minutes late!

that's funny. i don't think we met on the ship? i thought i might have seen you in the meet and greet, but we didnt really stay that long, and there weren't really introductions or anything.:confused:

hey chris how's it going? do you have plans for another cruise? (edit) nvm, i see you do, wish i was going on the dream next year.

yea, well most of my family was of drinking age in roatan, lol. is that transatlantic the maiden voyage?

Yep,

I'm booked already and though it's almost a year away, the craziness of orchestrating family here, in Tennessee and Florida to get to Canaveral is already happening. Minor details as far as I'm concearned. I'm sure you can relate with the size of your family and planning and stuff.

Physically I'm home, but mentally I'm still on the lido deck. If I were younger I'd seriously think about working for Carnival. Though a job at what I do ( electronics and automation type stuff ) it may not be as fun.

I'm really glad I wasn't the guy walking around in coveralls, rubber gloves and a toilet plunger:)

The Dreams maiden voyage is Transatlantic, my PVP is sailing on that one. I think it will then sail out of New York for a bit, the Canaveral and not sure what after that. I just wanted to try an almost brand new ship.

Chris ( is now french fry free again) :cool:

at about 5 o'clock we had our driver come back, this was 3 local time. we got on the bus and headed back to the pier. oh yea, there are sand fleas on the beach. i didn't get any, but the dw and the dd's got bitten, they laid out in the sun part of the time.

we got to the pier and did some shopping for bit then headed on to the boat.

us at the pier in roatan

nweaex.jpg

us at the pier in roatan

fc1wfp.jpg

roatan cruise center

2uiugc0.jpg

roatan

34dljkl.jpg

walking to the cuise center, notice all the security at the gate

f9r1o8.jpg

my girls in roatan

n71e80.jpg

Wow! They have come a long way with that area right off the ship since we were there last November. I can't wait to go back! Maybe next year...and your pictures and family are beautiful.

that's funny. i don't think we met on the ship? i thought i might have seen you in the meet and greet, but we didnt really stay that long, and there weren't really introductions or anything.:confused:

I wish more had shown up at the meet and greets. Maybe it was part to NOT being posted in the caper. I just kinda strolled by the bar and saw Elaine's husband in there and then joined. There were more at the first M+G, but not as many as seemed to be interested in coming.

It's funny because some of the people I saw EVERYWHERE and some just here and there and some not at all. I know a bunch of us had cabins on deck 10 and I'd see them going to staterooms.

And I'm terrible with short term memory lately so I not sure all of whom I met. I know for sure: Elaine and fam, Mike and Fam, Leah ( Libby) who made the name tags, Keri and Brooklyn, The Honeymoon couple ( names escape me), Mandy and her husband, Cruisin Joe and fam, and a few more that said they posted but I did not recognize. And I'm sure I'm missing people cuz I know there were a few more.

The speedo guy was at the Miami Airport when I was there. I think he has to be all over the cruise dvd.

Chris:cool:

these are some pics from west bay beach snorkeling. like i said, it wasn't bad, but shore snorkeling is kind of limited. or maybe just snorkeling all together, it might be time to get certified for diving. for the most part, i've seen all these fish before, but the live rock, coral, and sea life down there was pretty cool to see.

i think i need a new camera too. this time i had a vivitar that i got at target for about $125. it wasn't bad, it got some good shots, but for our trip next year i think i might get the olympus.

2w6xzqq.jpg

1zv3l03.jpg

256dax3.jpg

2mm5r8j.jpg

10ym144.jpg

316kmbo.jpg

I wish more had shown up at the meet and greets. Maybe it was part to NOT being posted in the caper. I just kinda strolled by the bar and saw Elaine's husband in there and then joined. There were more at the first M+G, but not as many as seemed to be interested in coming.

It's funny because some of the people I saw EVERYWHERE and some just here and there and some not at all. I know a bunch of us had cabins on deck 10 and I'd see them going to staterooms.

And I'm terrible with short term memory lately so I not sure all of whom I met. I know for sure: Elaine and fam, Mike and Fam, Leah ( Libby) who made the name tags, Keri and Brooklyn, The Honeymoon couple ( names escape me), Mandy and her husband, Cruisin Joe and fam, and a few more that said they posted but I did not recognize. And I'm sure I'm missing people cuz I know there were a few more.

The speedo guy was at the Miami Airport when I was there. I think he has to be all over the cruise dvd.

Chris:cool:

you mean this guy, he wore this exact same outfit for seven days, he wore this in port, in line for tenders, in buffett lines, everywhere. my nickname for him was rocky horror, because he looked like rocky from the rocky horror movie, but all grown up.

4r813t.jpg

k3u13o.jpg

wow! everything looks amazing -- can't wait to go.

what did you do with your dslr when you were at the ports and wanted to swim or do any activities? that's something we are worried about with hubby's nikon. :confused:

i didnt take it to cayman because we were doing the rays, then snorkeling at eden rock, and that was too much water to be around for that camera.

then at roatan we were on the beach, so i would take it out every now and then for pics, but there was always someone staying at our loungers, so i left it covered up in its case when not in use.

then belize was cave tubing, so i left it on the ship.

and in cozumel i brought it on because we weren;t really doing any water activities, but on the east side of the isalnd, the lens kept getting mist on it from the sea, even when i stayed far back, and i didnt bring my lens cleaner on the island, so that was tough to get good pics out there, until we left that area.

you mean this guy, he wore this exact same outfit for seven days, he wore this in port, in line for tenders, in buffett lines, everywhere. my nickname for him was rocky horror, because he looked like rocky from the rocky horror movie, but all grown up.

4r813t.jpg

k3u13o.jpg

LOL Was he ever in the dining room?????

so on to the last roatan post.

dinner menu had the filet that night, so i thin i had two of those. and i had been drinking a few beers, but i wanted something a little stronger and our bar waitress suggested a long island. well i had never had one of those, and probably never will again. that thing was disgusting, but very strong.

we finished dinner and walked around a bit while i finished this thing they called tea. we ended up running into mark and mandi, the ones that came on the sting ray excursion with us, and we all headed to the eagles lounge to watch karaoke.

well surprise, surprise, the karaoke singers sucked. so i figured i would fit right in. it was that disgustingly strong iced tea, that did not taste like tea at all. so i headed up and signed up to sing a james brown song, yes, james brown, and mandi signed up to sing a song that her and mark had at their wedding.

i had never sung james brown, and had my first karaoke venture last year on the triumph, it's on youtube if you dare, and the only words i knew to his song i feel good. so we sit there and wait for our turn, and a guy gets called up to do james brown, my exact same song. OMG, now i will be compared to this guy, and he's probably gonna be better, cause he knows the song, then he walks up on stage, and he resembles james brown a whole lot more than than this white kid from idaho, lol.

so i need to change my song right now. i figure the only other one i could do would be the one i did last year, "you're the one that i want" from grease. mandi says she will go up there to do olivia, and i will do travolta, the only problem is, last year i did olivia, and my ex-buddy did travolta.

but i figured i could pull it off.

mandi got called up first for her song, and she can sing, and i'm like "great! i'm going to sound like a stuck pig up there next to her". so we get called and head up there, and i can't sing to save my life, but i hit my cues on the lyrics, and mandi laughed at me, so i guess i could have done worse.

from our balcony in roatan

111ou92.jpg

filet mignon

2cpxml3.jpg

so beautiful

v2w8jp.jpg

raise the roof!! ok, maybe not

2vbacly.jpg

told you she was laughing at me

vijm1g.jpg

It was HOTT! oh my god it was hot.

:D.

Now I have to clean my monitor screen,spewed a soft drink all over it from laughter,well not too soft ;).

I have said that so many times on one island or another.

Dave and I were at the M&G, but didn't stay too long as he wasn't feeling great. We actually saw you (I think) in Cozumel. Were you the people who rented an orange dune buggy? If so, we were the couple that beeped at you driving the moped along the coast. My husband beeped that stupid little horn at everyone! He thought he recognized you and your wife. Anyways, I'm Shannon - hi!

The lady who was taken off on a stretcher was actually on the zipline at Victor Bodden's house. She was in the group ahead of us. She only completed two parts of the zipline before deciding to stop and head back to the waiting area. When we were done with the zipline, we ran back into her group and we were told she didn't remember being up on the zipline at all and that they were taking her back to the boat. We saw her being taken off as we were RUNNING to the ship. So sad - I hope she is doing better.

As for speedo man, we saw him going through customs and he STILL had his shirt off...I wonder if he goes into his office like that. No suit, just a tight, blue speedo. :D

Dave and I were at the M&G, but didn't stay too long as he wasn't feeling great. We actually saw you (I think) in Cozumel. Were you the people who rented an orange dune buggy? If so, we were the couple that beeped at you driving the moped along the coast. My husband beeped that stupid little horn at everyone! He thought he recognized you and your wife. Anyways, I'm Shannon - hi!

The lady who was taken off on a stretcher was actually on the zipline at Victor Bodden's house. She was in the group ahead of us. She only completed two parts of the zipline before deciding to stop and head back to the waiting area. When we were done with the zipline, we ran back into her group and we were told she didn't remember being up on the zipline at all and that they were taking her back to the boat. We saw her being taken off as we were RUNNING to the ship. So sad - I hope she is doing better.

As for speedo man, we saw him going through customs and he STILL had his shirt off...I wonder if he goes into his office like that. No suit, just a tight, blue speedo. :D

we had jeeps on cozumel but i do remeber passing a beeping moped, lol. speedo guy was funny, there was not a person on that ship that didnt notice him at one time or another.

We went to the Mayan last year. That pool is to die for and I got a great massage right in my beach lounge chair. I would love to go back there. I am jealous because when we went the new port area was not open and we were docked at the commercial dock and there was no shopping there, only out of the area on the street. Fun shopping but not easy!!

It was HOTT! oh my god it was hot.

:D.

Now I have to clean my monitor screen,spewed a soft drink all over it from laughter,well not too soft ;).

I have said that so many times on one island or another.

no doubt, i thought i was hot in coz two years ago, but nothing has beaten roatan, yet.

We went to the Mayan last year. That pool is to die for and I got a great massage right in my beach lounge chair. I would love to go back there. I am jealous because when we went the new port area was not open and we were docked at the commercial dock and there was no shopping there, only out of the area on the street. Fun shopping but not easy!!

we loved the mayan, i will go back there someday.

4r813t.jpg

k3u13o.jpg

Mike,

Please post the bikini man on here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=723689

I had the "pleasure" of having him sit down next to us at breakfast one morning and then getting up to get his daughter a glass of milk and then getting up again to get some silverware and then getting up to get well who the hell knows what he was gtting up to do (I think he thought he was gorgeous and just kept getting up to "show off") Needless to say, I couldn't even eat my breakfast!!! And Doug kept telling me to stop laughing!!!

Mike,

Please post the bikini man on here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=723689

I had the "pleasure" of having him sit down next to us at breakfast one morning and then getting up to get his daughter a glass of milk and then getting up again to get some silverware and then getting up to get well who the hell knows what he was gtting up to do (I think he thought he was gorgeous and just kept getting up to "show off") Needless to say, I couldn't even eat my breakfast!!! And Doug kept telling me to stop laughing!!!

i posted it already.

as we started the trip, the driver asked where we were headed and we told him bananarama. he asked if we would like to try the mayan princess, and he felt that the mayan princess was a little nicer place to hang out with the family. now i am aware that he probably gets kick backs from the mayan to bring guests, and that's fine with me, so lets go to the mayan.

it was like driving through a jungle, because we were, so thatwas neat to see all the tropical landscape.

we got to the mayan princess and it was $10 per person to use their facilities. they had lounge chairs, freshwater pool, freshwater rinse station, bar, food, and restrooms. i was actually considering just hanging out on the beach without buying access to their facilities, but i decided to just fork out the $70 and use everything. i'm glad i did, it was worth it to have all those facilities to use.

The Mayan Princess looks very nice. I checked out their website but didn't see anywhere to make day reservations ahead of time. So.... you just arrive and ask for a day pass and they give you a wristband or something?

Do you happen to know the taxi fares to West Bay? (I'm trying to see if it is cheaper to take 3 of us by taxi or pre-arranged transportation.)

Thanks!

Archived